Home

Are you jealous of Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Are you jealous of Madden 10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you jealous of Madden 10?
Yes 57 57.00%
No 43 43.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2009, 03:45 PM   #49
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Are you jealous of Madden 10?

I made this point awhile back that its been around 20years since TecmoBowl and these generation games are barely more sim then they were! Somebody at EA should be a shamed of themselfs. If you look at the 1st person games now from Doom the are light year far where they started.(and I hate 1st person games)

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #50
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
One thing I believe is that you are an elite gamer. You don't see how people can be that bad (much like fistofrage, Stewaat and some other guys) but most people can't beat the cpu 70-0 on Heisman. Your demands and desires for the game will be far different from the casual gamer and even the majority of gamers on OS. I think they should add a HOF difficulty level like the Show did with "Legend" to create a better challenge for some of you.

I can't say anything to make you change your mind about this series. We have different tastes and skill sets. I loved NCAA '06 and have enjoyed NCAA '08 and NCAA '09 even though I stopped playing them by Christmas. I consider them flawed games but not piles of crap that some people do. You can just skip my impressions when the game comes out in July.
You are probably right. That is why I say Heisman is dumb as well as sliders when playing human vs. human opponent. Someone with skill makes All-American look like Heisman times 3.

Never played fistofrage. Did play Stewaat and beat him in a close game... him Ohio State and me FSU.

The only hope for this game is adaptive AI.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Find me a Sega Genesis and I would still play that old Madden Game. Throw in the first NHL as well because that game was Awesome. Shows my age because I was a Jr. in college when those first came out. Damn... 19 years ago.

I am on a wait and see basis with NCAA10. I don't believe anything that comes from and EA employees mouth because they have lost my trust. I used to be a fan boy and do everything to back them up a couple of years ago. I will wait a few weeks after release to decide if I want to make this purchase. I will listen to people like Rhombic, Auburn Alumni, and a handful of others before deciding to buy this game. No way in bleep I will trust that EA has everything they said they have added in the game, have it implemented correctly, and having this game running smooth out of the box. If they do, I will eat crow. However, they don't have a very good track record as of late for developing a quality football game out of the box. For that matter, they can't even get them fixed after a couple of patches.

PS2/Xbox games sucked as well. 2004 was the best Football game in history and then it was down hill. 2005 unplayable. 2006... I don't get how people thought this was a good game. 2006 was good for online leagues only with a list of rules not to cheese. 2007 was the same as 2006 and 2007 is when I became sour with EA. 2007 was horrible. 2008 bad and 2009 was worse than 2008. Tell me why I should believe that 2010 is going to be a good game? I am all ears, but doubt you will convince me. I whole heartedly believe that the entire NCAA and Madden series is headed in the wrong direction. They need to completely overhaul that staff and get football people in there to get the game headed back into the right direction. I am sure that these people are good people. Not questioning that and not questioning their work ethics. However, good people with good work ethic still have the capability to make mistakes. EA football has become a mistake ridden product.

I am in one dynasty right now and that is the only time I plug in NCAA. It is painful to plug the game in and play. This is a Big Ten only dynasty with 10 people in the dynasty. I haven't lost a game in the dynasty playing CPU or Human opponents. This is playing against guys that play this game 7 days a week. I don't see how people can be that bleeping bad at a game.

I'm with you i think 09 is easy as cake. I never bought it but i borrowed it from my friend for gtav, which i got bored with. I started playing the game at 3 o'clock, when i got home from school. My first game in my dynasty was an utter destruction of florida with georgia and those sweet black unis. i then played a few tough games, but stafford and moreno left early so i quit and started one with ou. i destroyed lsu on all american, so i tuned it up to heisman and turned up cpu awareness. i proceeded to shred up every big 12 opponent by at least 50 points, and super-simmed after half-time by which i was usually up by at least 40. i probably am good, but the games i played werent even that fun. i destroyed florida up the middle with moreno, as i didnt know that outside/pursuit angles cheese sh1t, and with ou i got 800 yds in a game with bradford (passing to gresham, johnson, and iglesias and some other random guy). i dominated it so easily it wasnt even fun...id be all for a HOF difficulty, because playing that boring, soul-less (literally, it felt like i was playing in a vacum by myself, and the endless band songs didnt help at all) POS made me tell my friend to gimmie back my damn GTA4 ASAP. Yes i'm jealous of madden because its gonna be good enough that ill overlook the lack of presentation because its nfl, and i wont be dominating teams like in college (unless i spy on them like those damn cheaters...if teams can cheese IRL why not in the game lol). I never had that issue with CHOOPS 2k8 UNPATCHED, which had bad gameplay before 2k made it the best sports game ever invented, and then quit after they patched that sh1t, but nobody is complaining. I dont have xbl, so no OD for me, which is like the presentation and atmosphere of CHOOPS unpatched that masked bad gameplay for a while...10 will most likely be just for farming draft classes for madden unless they 1. Step up their presentation game BIG TIME and make it seem less boring, so ppl wont complain as much about the gameplay; or 2. recreate ncaa 09, but then 5 months after it comes out release some sort of magical patch that makes it the best football game ever invented (personally im hoping for 1. since i would be left out of this potential patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »