Home

Croud Factor

This is a discussion on Croud Factor within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2009, 01:08 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Croud Factor

gotta love people who think life is still high school where they have to point out peoples flaws.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:26 AM   #10
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
gotta love people who think life is still high school where they have to point out peoples flaws.
I'm not pointing out anyone's flaws - I'm having fun with it, because he was tired when he did it - it was a typo.

I see people writing "should of" instead of "should have" all the time on forums. It drives me crazy, but I never call them on it. I mentioned it here, so I could get it off my chest without slamming someone specific.

Think about it this way, though. If you see someone consistently making easy spelling and grammar mistakes, doesn't it paint a negative picture of that person's intelligence? I'm not talking about typos here; I'm talking about things that no one with a 3rd grade education should get wrong. I'm not talking about the OP here, because he says he misspelled the word by accident, because he was tired. That's understandable.

But when people who consistently misspell or use incorrect grammar get into the real world, the business world, they will be really embarrassed by the way their peers view them.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:07 AM   #11
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
I'm not pointing out anyone's flaws - I'm having fun with it, because he was tired when he did it - it was a typo.

I see people writing "should of" instead of "should have" all the time on forums. It drives me crazy, but I never call them on it. I mentioned it here, so I could get it off my chest without slamming someone specific.

Think about it this way, though. If you see someone consistently making easy spelling and grammar mistakes, doesn't it paint a negative picture of that person's intelligence? I'm not talking about typos here; I'm talking about things that no one with a 3rd grade education should get wrong. I'm not talking about the OP here, because he says he misspelled the word by accident, because he was tired. That's understandable.

But when people who consistently misspell or use incorrect grammar get into the real world, the business world, they will be really embarrassed by the way their peers view them.
Looks like you were real meticulous there with that paragraph. Trying not have any grammer or spelling errors?

Its ok we know what people are saying even if they misspell:

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuuhot slpeling was ipmorant!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 02:46 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

thread officially hijacked

on a side note, got to love safari's spell checker
Old 04-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #13
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
Looks like you were real meticulous there with that paragraph. Trying not have any grammer or spelling errors?
Actually, I didn't take special care. I make typos, but for the most part, my grammar and spelling are fairly decent. But in my day (and I'm only 41), most people were. It's really only been the last 10 years or so that I've noticed that a great number of young people just can't spell or use correct grammar to save their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
Its ok we know what people are saying even if they misspell:
That's true; we do know what they are saying. That's why I don't call people out for their mistakes. However, it's disconcerting to see spelling and grammar being so mistreated these days. It says a lot about our education system and about parents who just don't give a rip.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #14
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

[quote=2krules;2039481565]Actually, I didn't take special care. I make typos, but for the most part, my grammar and spelling are fairly decent. But in my day (and I'm only 41), most people were. It's really only been the last 10 years or so that I've noticed that a great number of young people just can't spell or use correct grammar to save their lives.

I agree our education system could use some improvements. That spelling experiment above that I posted was a study done at cambridge university.

The crowd in NCAA 10 needs to be more responsive to bigger plays from the home teams.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #15
Rookie

ehovUOfan's Arena

OVR: 5

I always felt the crowd has been lacking ever since I've been playing NCAA. You just don't get any feel for how big a game is. A regular season game against a FCS team feels and sounds exactly the same as a championship game. I wish that the developers would find some way to get a better atmosphere during games since most games feel the same once you've played a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #16
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
That's because they're still IN high school.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »