Home

NCAA Football 10 Impressions (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Impressions (Pasta Padre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football 10 Impressions (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Off the top of my head I can think of a few. I don't think there are major changes.

*custom conferences-based on online dynasty(and a waste if you are a traditionalist)
*competitive recruiting-cool

*recruiting and rankings have been tweaked (location not as big
a factor in recruiting now, less undefeated teams in sim as well)
*recruits come in rated lower but progress faster
*recruits aren't as fast as before
*more true athletes that are equally good at a couple positions-these are all tweaks I dont count that as an addition.
Custom Conferences do nothing for me. I mean having teams from random parts of the country in one conference, which is exactly what people will do in online dynasty do absolutely nothing for me. It just doesnt feel like college football, and it just doesnt feel right. Having a conference that has teams like USC, Texas, Florida, Oklahoma, etc. in it seems ********, unrealistic, and it certainly doesnt feel like college football to me. Some parts of competitive seem cool, but the downplaying aspect of it screams negative recruiting, which is not cool. Its bush league. If I need to downplay another school to get a recruit to attend my school, then I dont want that recruit. I want people who want to attend my school, not people who need to have a school downplayed to attend another school.

What/who do you get when you add negative recruiting and lobbying to play in a game?

I'll give you a hint, the coach/school is in the SEC.

*No, its not Lane Kiffin* and *No, its not Fat Charlie*-hes not in the SEC, but lobbying and negative recruiting can be associated with Fat Chuck.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:22 PM   #74
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Pasta's review is up(No team entrances)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchneider84
You guys do realize that all of the whining you did about CAS took A LOT of dev. time away from the actually game. I won't even use Team Builder, so it doesn't sound like there is much of a difference between 09 and 10.
While I won't use CAS either, to say that is the reason for little improvement in other areas is just silly. In fact, Ian (from the Madden team), took time away to work on this with the NCAA team, and his game had no problem making huge leaps forward.

Don't blame the features, blame the gameplay team who tweaked instead of advanced.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #75
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
While I won't use CAS either, to say that is the reason for little improvement in other areas is just silly. In fact, Ian (from the Madden team), took time away to work on this with the NCAA team, and his game had no problem making huge leaps forward.

Don't blame the features, blame the gameplay team who tweaked instead of advanced.
I agree that at the end of the day the lack of advancement falls at the feet of the dev team.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #76
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I know how long it takes to do any portion of development of the game, nor am I going to blame the addition of a feature as the reason for the lacking of advancement in other areas. Because the fact of the matter is, I have no idea.

While I wish that NCAA shared everything that Madden has, I am glad that they at least took a moment to address some of the key issues that plagued the game last year. Now did they address all? Probably not, but they addressed some of the more important ones in my opinion (pusuit angles, lack of pass rush, dynasty mode) and they also added in the new pro-tak (OL/DL interaction, WR/DB jostling), although its not as extensive as what Madden has.

So yes, there are things that I wish were added this year(formation subs, FCS teams, etc), I am glad that they have seemingly addressed some of the issues that hurt the game last year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 06-05-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3
EA please give up your NCAA license and let other people make college football games, its already enough that you have the NFL license....please let go of this petty college license so others can make games and you can stop just adding gimmicky things each year and not really improving the gameplay.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #78
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord06
EA please give up your NCAA license and let other people make college football games, its already enough that you have the NFL license....please let go of this petty college license so others can make games and you can stop just adding gimmicky things each year and not really improving the gameplay.
You have 8 posts, and the first 7 directly referenced 2k. This one indirectly does. I'm wondering if you're a fanboy.... hmm....
Old 06-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #79
Rookie

chrsn's Arena

OVR: 2

Is it too early to start compiling our wish list for NCAA Football 11 (or is it NCAA Football 09 v3.0)?
Old 06-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

patiently waiting for the review of the game that's a full build.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »