Home

Over/under on when the EA developers start posting here again?

This is a discussion on Over/under on when the EA developers start posting here again? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #9
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Over/under on when the EA developers start posting here again?

Well, I can think of quite a few reasons the devs might not be posting on here (mostly the constant whining by people who haven't even played the game yet), but hopefully it's because they're busy polishing up the game. The game goes gold in a few weeks and I'd imagine there's plenty to get done before that happens.

It amazes me they even come on these forums and take this kind of abuse. I'm not saying that they haven't brought some of the criticism down upon themselves after some sub-par "next-gen" iterations of NCAA. However, they could simply choose to not come on here and deal with it. They've got more patience and thicker skin than I do. You've got to at least give them some credit there.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #10
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

i wouldnt post here not to put out some info or answer some questions only for people to turn right around and blast about things they want or things they think should have been done differently.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #11
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Well, I can think of quite a few reasons the devs might not be posting on here (mostly the constant whining by people who haven't even played the game yet), but hopefully it's because they're busy polishing up the game. The game goes gold in a few weeks and I'd imagine there's plenty to get done before that happens.

It amazes me they even come on these forums and take this kind of abuse. I'm not saying that they haven't brought some of the criticism down upon themselves after some sub-par "next-gen" iterations of NCAA. However, they could simply choose to not come on here and deal with it. They've got more patience and thicker skin than I do. You've got to at least give them some credit there.
I believe in this;

If I create something regardless how good or bad it is, I would defend it to my best ability.

Rumors/Speculation comes out about NCAA 10, things that for many people are game killers. These people are connected to the game, spend their time working on it, wouldn't you come in and defend yourself when you see people are saying bold face lies? I know I would.

My best bet, if they aren't saying anything to counter the things that we know from PastaPadre, and the Team Builder website, then most likely they are true.

If these developers cared as much as the Madden Devs do, they would actually respond, they've been here, they've been lurking, but they won't face the music.

Who knows maybe they are going with the old adage, let the result speak for itself, where they are so confident that the final product will just turn around all the negativity, but in reality if they don't come out and start correcting some of these rumors people will just avoid buying it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #12
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

Then again those members here who bash a game that has not been releases are in the minority. Os members are a small dot in the grand scheme of things when it comes to fans who spend their money on the game yearly. I have tons of friends who buy ncaa every year and never browse forums.

People need to stop judging the game before playing it....
Old 06-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Rebby
I wish we had that type of dedication for NCAA.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
It is disappointing to see a huge disparity of attention given to the community by EA's NCAA team.
It truly is ridiculous.. But its pretty obvious now that the products will show that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
People need to stop judging the game before playing it....
Kind of hard to do this when:

1. There has been almost no reviews written up about the game from E3 with the exception of PastaPadre's (which was very discouraging imo)

2. From my point of view, the game looks like an exact replica of 09, with a few additions.

3. This game is essentially complete, and almost everything regarding "additions" have been shared. I have the right to start judging the game now... It was the people back in March/April who needed to be told to shut up. I was there saying "Come on, its only April!"... Well now its June, not much has changed, and I'm feeling the same way they did now.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #14
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Honestly...why does it matter?

If they start posting today and trying to ease the critics minds, they are only going to be considered "marketing/selling" the game. Nothing more. Those who have determined this game to be a failure before playing it, are not going to have their opinion swayed by the devs. Simple as that.

Now to answer your question...I believe they'll be here once they finish the game and will most definitely be here after the launch. Adam(OMT) was here last year after the game launched and took the hate, criticism, and everything else flung his way, so I don't see why this year would be any different.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #15
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

I want another Q+A thread.

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #16
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

They'll post when they're ready to post.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »