Home

Back from E3

This is a discussion on Back from E3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12
Back from E3

Been a while guys, sorry...

Between finishing NCAA 10, some family health issues, and the trip to E3 I've been unable to get around much in the last few weeks. Hopefully things return to a bit more normal state soon.

I'm going to take some time this week to look at the boards and see what I can answer/comment on.

But yeah, there were some impressive games at the show (both EA and other companies) and I hope some of you guys got to stop by and check out NCAA.

-Russ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Back from E3

welcome back i love the vids i've seen and can't wait for the game one quick question. over on strategies they're discussing the play clock. will it cut from 40 to 25 like last year or count down all the way from 40?
Old 06-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 16

Russ, were there any significant changes made to Campus Legend, other then renaming it Road to Glory?

Also, was the E3 build the final build of NCAA 10? What was your favorite game shown at E3, other than the games Tiburon developed?

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Good luck with the family health issues. I hope all is well.

So..... When are we getting a demo?

If you can't answer that I understand, I've got another question. The popular opinion amongst those who got to play the game is that it plays largely the same as last year. What do you think about that? I know after IGN posted a preview saying it felt pretty much the same as '09 on the field OMT posted here that he completely disagreed with that. Just wanted to get your 2 cents.

I also think OMT mentioned a gameplay feature that had not been revealed to the public yet (this was before E3, if it actually happened). Am I crazy? I don't remember hearing about anything new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
There's no doubt that it feels very similar to last year's NCAA on the field. The default gameplay camera angles are the same, animations are carried out at the same speed and the general ebb and flow on the field is the same that I remember from years gone by. That's certainly not a bad thing, but it's definitely going to feel like familiar territory to series veterans.

I can't disagree with this guy more. NCAA 10 plays nothing like 09. There is no "wide open gameplay," there is a pocket and pressure on the QB, the CPU throws deep, there are incomplete passes that aren't dropped, balls get batted down at the line (to name a few things that are very noticable), and there is a big gameplay feature that we haven't announced yet.

Sheesh.
I knew i wasn't crazy

Last edited by jp7588; 06-08-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: found the OMT quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

First and foremost, I hope everything is ok with your family. Second welcome back.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 04:20 PM   #6
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Hi Russ, hope things are well...

Onto a major issue for the people anticipating NCAA 10 - Rosters on Teambuilder site are completely jacked up. Please let us know, when you get the time, if NCAA 10 is shipping with these rosters. This would really hurt online play because seemingly each team is either missing players or have players that graduated last year.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 06-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #7
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

OVR: 6

Rosters, rosters, rosters, rosters!

That is my question. Are the rosters on Teambuilder right now the one that will be in the game when it's shipped?

If so ... that's an absolutely HORRIBLE job of doing rosters, whoever did them.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 32

I am glad you are back because the natives were getting rowdy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »