Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Army vs. Navy

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Army vs. Navy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2009, 02:23 AM   #25
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Army vs. Navy

I just finished watching the new Madden videos and the new NCAA videos. I was shocked at how much better the presentation is on Madden. Here is the difference between the two games:

Madden: The new sideline cut scenes in Madden make it feel like you are watching a real NFL game. There are players celebrating with each other, players on the phone talking to coaches in the booth, coaches getting in player's faces and trying to coach them up. These are all new additions to Madden 10 and they significantly increase the gaming experience. When I watched the Madden videos I had three or four "Wow, that's cool" moments.

NCAA: After each play you have the same cut scenes that have been in NCAA since it went next gen with NCAA 07. First the player involved in the previous play gets up and does a short celebration or dance. Next the camera pans out and shows a panoramic view of the stadium. Again, these are the same cut scenes we have seen since NCAA 07. When you score in NCAA you get the same interactions with mascots that were in the game last year, then a quick shot of the cheerleaders followed by the mandatory stadium cut scene. Again, this is all stuff that was in last year's game. With NCAA I had three or four "Oh no, not again" moments.

Just by watching a minute of Madden 10 you can tell that it is not 09. The presentation is better by leaps and bounds. Conversely, if Steve would have sneaked in a video of NCAA 09 I'm not sure very many of us would have noticed. The presentation on NCAA is so tired and stale.

The more I see Madden the more it seems like a polished, new product. Sadly, NCAA feels like a budget production.

As someone who loves college football and wastes a lot of time in NCAA dynasty mode and little time in Madden franchise mode, this is sad. I will still play NCAA 10 because I love college football and video games.

But it would be nice to see NCAA 10 receive the polish and attention that Madden 10 has received.

Last edited by boritter; 06-13-2009 at 02:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 02:25 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
but wouldn't that fall under the same umbrella that prevents actual armed forces logos from appearing in movies, tv, etc?
Really.. I didn't know that was a rule. Interesting.

BTW, I think this whole issue of Army patches was brought up in the uniform updates thread.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:17 AM   #27
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Great video. I love the option the navy QB pich back to his RB. Can't wait.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #28
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
The only thing that caught me (other than the running animation) was the blocking reciever on the very first play.

Notice that he should be engaging in a block, and the split end should be taking this thing outside because of the closest defender being picked up by the blocking FB.

But no.. If you watch it again, the receiver doesn't even try to make the block & lets the DB go right past him. The ball carrier then turns (on a dime) up field to meet 3 defenders and a sure tackle. Why? If its on Heisman, the receiver needs to be picking up that defender, or at least trying.. He let him go right past.
I'm going to disagree with this analysis quite a bit.

First the WR doesn't make a good block but that isn't a big shock. He runs right at the DB to make the block and the DB cuts inside him and the WR misses. This isn't a big deal to me unless it happens all the time. WRs having to block downfield is quite a bit harder than an OL firing off against a DL right across from him. Blocking in space isn't that easy. Most WRs are taught to wall off that block rather than fire into their man because of this. If you want to flame the WR so be it but we can't make a judgment on WR blocking based on one play.

Second, the RB SHOULD have cut that play inside. The FB was going after the nearest defender but the defender was clearly outside and had good contain. The proper play was to cut inside which the RB does and takes what he can get. I strongly disagree that he should have kept going outside. The FB wasn't close to having a good angle to make that outside block work. If the FB was able to make an effective block on that play (requires massive suction blocking) to the outside and the RB sprung a big gain, I would be hearing a million complaints about "wide open gameplay" and broken defensive AI.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #29
Rookie

md0t's Arena

OVR: 3

maybe next year there will be some kind of presentation like the actual rivalry game, that would be nice.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #30
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Rudy is about to break out the telestrator on this one. Nice analysis man.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #31
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Nice vids. I can't wait to just have fun with the game. It's not perfect, but it looks a lot better than last year.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #32
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Damn Rudy.....great breakdown.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »