Home

Yankee Stadium

This is a discussion on Yankee Stadium within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:56 PM   #17
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Yankee Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoshark
It'll be about how each stadium will have 10 trillion polygons and how they had to program the fan favorite "Global Mascot Rumble", where you play mascot games to win points for your school.
You know Ghetto, I never really took you for a gamer
Old 06-16-2009, 12:09 AM   #18
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
yea, the no MLB license screws up 6 bowl game stadiums as well. so they will always be generic.
I don't know why EA couldn't just make up those stadiums as close approximations with no name on it. EA Tiburon has some pretty talented artists, they should be able to make a close enough representation of Rogers Centre, Tropicana Field and (the one in SF) without infringement. At the very least, International Bowl and MajicJack Bowl should be in domed stadiums.

The best part, you don't have to wait for detailed pictures.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:23 AM   #19
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't think you need the MLB license to get those stadiums. You would just have to work out deals individually with each one though, and that would get expensive.

Regardless, not going to happen. Takes too long to get a stadium in the game anyway with everything that goes into it. Still too many generics as is now.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
You know Ghetto, I never really took you for a gamer
Dude I used to be a huge Madden/NCAA gamer until 08... I play a ton of regular games still tho.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Old 06-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #21
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
I don't think you need the MLB license to get those stadiums. You would just have to work out deals individually with each one though, and that would get expensive.

Regardless, not going to happen. Takes too long to get a stadium in the game anyway with everything that goes into it. Still too many generics as is now.
You know George Steinbrenner is going to want about a Billion dollars for it to be in the game.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I would say there's no shot...but they put in Invesco? in Denver for a whopping ONE game...which isn't even always in that stadium necessarily...yet there are like 6 teams that don't have their home stadiums in yet. So it's not as unlikely as it seems I'd bet. Notre Dame and Navy are going to play in Dublin in a few years I think. I bet they get Lansdowne Road(or wherever they're going to play that game) in before they give San Jose State their stadium.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #23
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
I would say there's no shot...but they put in Invesco? in Denver for a whopping ONE game...which isn't even always in that stadium necessarily...yet there are like 6 teams that don't have their home stadiums in yet. So it's not as unlikely as it seems I'd bet. Notre Dame and Navy are going to play in Dublin in a few years I think. I bet they get Lansdowne Road(or wherever they're going to play that game) in before they give San Jose State their stadium.
From what I can tell based on what Adam has said. I think Minnesota and San Jose State's new stadium are the next on the docket. After that I hope they finish all the others and add the Bowl stadiums (exact replica or not).

If the Madden team can make a close proximity of Soldier Field without infringing on legal issues, why cant the NCAA team make 'replica' stadiums that look like the MLB parks but have slightly different features and a different name?
Old 06-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #24
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Security Device
Last I heard they don't have the MLB License, so.........
I'm not sure we would need an MLB licence. But we would have to license it from whoever owns the stadium (the city of New York?).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »