Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI)

Some problems with the video I had(some also shown up in other videos as well).

1. Why the heck is Utah Stat running a dive on 3rd and 9 down only by three scores with plenty of time left? They may be overmatched but 3 scores is not when this should start happening. CPU playcalling still looks to be pretty poor overall in these videos.

2. As somebody else pointed out what is with the blocking on run plays. How can you program offensive linemen to leave defensive tackles unblocked on runs up the middle, honestly it is not that hard to get something like that right.

3. What was that throw at about the 3:40 mark? Tebow throws the ball almost immediately after the snap with no pressure on him to a receiver who isn't out of his break. Things similar to that were a problem last year, doesn't look like they were adressed. We all want incompletetions but not ones like that from braindead qbs. QB AI still looks pretty similar to last year. Not to mention this is the 3rd time in a video I have seen a qb have a wide open lane to scramble but yet throw it into double/triple coverage instead.

4. Why is Florida's d-line not dominating their o-line. Very little pressure on the qb on most of those plays. This has been something present in almost all the videos, no consistent pressure on the qb. Did they even listen to people last year when we complained about the pass rush being poor? Almost looks like this so called pocket was a way to make the o-line even more dominant. Most of the pressure in these videos have come from boneheaded moves from the o-line not a d-linemen simply beating somebody.

5. As a couple others pointed out the option and qb choice plays still look pretty useless. Blocking on these plays is atrocious. Considering alot of teams in college use these two plays pretty disappointing EA completely ignores this area it seems.

6. Running animations are just flat out painful and have been since the beginning of this gen.

All of these videos have definalty reinforced my decision not to buy. Other than the pursuit angles being better it looks like the same game.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 06-16-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Some problems with the video I had(some also shown up in other videos as well).

2. As somebody else pointed out what is with the blocking on run plays. How can you program offensive linemen to leave defensive tackles unblocked on runs up the middle, honestly it is not that hard to get something like that right.

5. As a couple others pointed out the option and qb choice plays still look pretty useless. Blocking on these plays is atrocious. Considering alot of teams in college use these two plays pretty disappointing EA completely ignores this area it seems.

All of these videos have definalty reinforced my decision not to buy. Other than the pursuit angles being better it looks like the same game.
True. I can't understand why the OL play is so $#!+ty. The rules for blocking are rather defined, especially for option plays. You would think programmers could very easily produce decent OL play when all it is is "if-then" scenarios. But every element of the blocking game is completely wrong.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 5

Lol at the guys defending the CPU playcalling.

Watch a few games, then comment.

Dive plays on 3rd and 9 are reserved for being down 45-0 in the 4th Q and just trying to get the guys to the bus without getting hurt.

This is next gen yet the playcalling is WORSE than PS2 days....cannot believe I just typed that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVMSU
This is next gen yet the playcalling is WORSE than PS2 days....cannot believe I just typed that.
a lot more than just that.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
a lot more than just that.
You and I are in lockstep, just had to point this particular issue out due to several children arguing it.

I want to be excited and pumped but as of right now I'm hating what I see, especially in comparison to Madden...which has never been my cup of tea.

My schedule is too busy, my girlfriend is too hot, and my patience is too thin to be bothered with this bull****.

EA better start catering to guys like me(28) and understanding the kid generation of the 90's has grown up and we want quality.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:14 PM   #78
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Ugh.

I'm seeing the same disappointing pass rush from last year.

It drives me nuts because on RUN plays..the OL/DL interaction is fair and balanced.

But if it's a PASS play....I swear the O line wins the point of attack 90% of the time.

I should never see Utah State's O line handling the Defending NC D line like they were in that game.

Very little pressure at all..and NEVER did I see a Gator D lineman destroy an O lineman and kill the QB.

Frustrating.

I did like the incomplete passes and pursuit angles though.

But man....THE PASS RUSH....ugh.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVMSU
EA better start catering to guys like me(28) and understanding the kid generation of the 90's has grown up and we want quality.
Too bad they are still targeting the 10-14 year olds who can barely afford this game (let alone the console) with their parents allowance.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #80
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
Lol at Jsquiggles and legend. I play with Navy a lot online and Im willing to bet would blow out both of you guys. Utah st. has below avg Qbs, Wrs and oline. Why would you risk throwing into a top tier secondary and Lb core? By you guys opinion I can tell yall play with A+ to B+ schools. Especially since DEs on known passing plays pin their ears back only have 1 responsibility kill the Qb. Now you're w/o a QB for the rest of the season cuz dunlap blasted him all so you can get a first down to a game you never had a chance in. lol

That's so cool. I could care less about online and what you could or think you could do to me. I'm talking about real life. And oh no, we don't have our QB, b/c we're UTAH STATE and we're going to be so good w/him anyways right? Besides I wasn't referring to a situation b/t a team like UF taking on a team like Utah State. I was talking about a situation b/t two teams of nearly equal talent/prestige or in a bigger game situation like a bowl game or conf. title game.

FOR INSTANCE: Last year's Rose Bowl. Penn State completely gave up and ran the ball the entire 2nd half and didn't make the game a little more competitive and respectable when USC clearly had it won right?

Navy. I don't care about Navy and their offensive philosophy where you throw the ball about as many times in a season as I would in a half. In my preference of offense and what I will run, the only time I will be conservative with my play calling and run the ball, is when we are trying to chew clock But if my team was in that situation, and completely outmatched, I would at the very most run some sort of a screen. And who said I was going to lineup in 5 wide and chuck the ball right into Joe Haden or Major Wright's lap? There are a bevy of pass/screen plays I would rather call then running a dive play.

And what does me playing with "A+ to B+ schools" have to do w/anything?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »