Home

Thoughts about ball physics, momentum etc.

This is a discussion on Thoughts about ball physics, momentum etc. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Thoughts about ball physics, momentum etc.

Ball Physics On an errant pass in the AU/UT vid the ball just stopped like it had a weight in it. The physics are off. The ball is much more active on a bounce, even if it's off a player. The ball movement should be much lighter and realistic.

Release Point/Arm Angle for QB'sThe release point of the QB has to be fixed. That's one of the problems on 09. On one video, may the UT/AU one, the QB threw into the back of a lineman 3 yds in front of him. The release point is much higher and even then, the ball comes out at somewhat of an upward angle. This is the problem with TO fest in 09. I was playing Plex, who is a hell of a defender BTW, but he was in a zone and I had a guy open12-15 yds down field and he had a LB in between us. I lightly tap the WR's button and the LB does the superman for the INT. The Dev's should be sick to their stomachs to see gameplay so un-realistic and bogus such as this. The cheesiest thing about D on 09 is people can sit back in Cover 3 zone and play rover with one of the safety's to cover the middle of the field. If teams did this all the time IRL, they would get picked apart all day long. FIX THIS!!! ASAP!! This is the way people play though because they have to combat chessy WOG.

Running Animations Fix the dang zig-zag. If a user tries this, he should be able to attempt it but he should flip and go down on about the 3rd zig. Make realistic angles like it used to be. Now we have the right and left stick for better jukes so let that be how you move laterally and make it more important but if you try to run to the side there should be pressure on the analog and the arc should slow you down.

I know nothing about Euphoria but EA needs to take some notes. The size, weight, strength, speed, momentum needs to come into play for nearly everyone, including OL and DL when they burst off the line. It should affect the QB when he makes his drop after snaps and it should affect the WR/CB interaction after the snap.

EA Dev's, gameplay and the understanding of football basics and fundamentals has to get much better really soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Thoughts about ball physics, momentum etc.

Dude, I completely agree.. It has been terrible since next gen. Its like you are throwing a brick & look like an idiot doing it.

I PM'd Adam about the ball physics & the overall shape/proportion/color of the ball, and got nothing substantial back.

Also, a few different generic throwing styles would be awesome to see.. Look what it has done for Madden.

Last edited by sportzbro; 06-17-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm pretty positive that we are going to get all of Madden 10's player momentum and physics for NCAA.

Edit: Next year of course.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Can we all agree the game engine for next gen is broken beyond repair? Madden and NCAA need to build again from the ground up and be much more physics-based in the future be it with the current consoles or the next wave whenever they come out.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #5
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
Can we all agree the game engine for next gen is broken beyond repair? Madden and NCAA need to build again from the ground up and be much more physics-based in the future be it with the current consoles or the next wave whenever they come out.
It's definitely had a lot of growing pains. I think the Madden team is finally starting to figure things out, but I was always an advocate of simply having last-gen gameplay with next-gen graphics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigemAGGIES13
I was always an advocate of simply having last-gen gameplay with next-gen graphics.
FTW
Old 06-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

It's not going to be fixed just like every other year. Oh, there is a mascot game though.

Let's face it Madden is way behind the other sports games, and NCAA is way behind Madden. Sad.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 12

To me, the insane turning on a dime is the developers quick lazy fix for the players always running out of bounds accidentally right after a catch.
The zig-zag i'm guessing is the computer ai trying to adjust to the new pursuit angles.

Everything is simply lacking proper development and polish. Eventually they will have to redesign from the ground up like Madden has done this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »