Home

Xbox over PS3 (New to NCAA)

This is a discussion on Xbox over PS3 (New to NCAA) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #33
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Xbox over PS3 (New to NCAA)

That's my point

If ps2 was inferior to xbox like people say 360 is to ps3 then why is it that when ps2 games were made and then ported to the better tech system the xbox they looked sharper and smoother then ps2

Yet the suppose inferior 360 is the lead platform and when games are ported to the suppose stronger ps3 the games still look sharper and smoother for 360 and they are inferior..oh so they say
Old 06-29-2009, 06:34 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

^List some games that were developed/released for both systems at the same time. I'm having a hard time remembering most cross-platform games from 5+ years ago.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 PM   #35
Banned

theant1h3ro's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
That's my point

If ps2 was inferior to xbox like people say 360 is to ps3 then why is it that when ps2 games were made and then ported to the better tech system the xbox they looked sharper and smoother then ps2

Yet the suppose inferior 360 is the lead platform and when games are ported to the suppose stronger ps3 the games still look sharper and smoother for 360 and they are inferior..oh so they say
Dude drop the fanboy BS, you obviously don't understand Hardware optimization. The PS3's gpu and cell processor work in tandem for graphics in first party games much more so then the 360's cpu and gpu. If the game isn't optimized to use the Cell and RSX together efficiently then the result isn't as good as it should be......simple as that. It all comes down to the game is optimized for the 360 and not the PS3. The PS2 and Xbox's infrastructure was very similar last gen therefore you did not see the trend we are currently seeing. The Xbox being the superior system to the PS2 along with optimization for each console being similar made the superior system shine. Not so in this gen where it takes more work to optimize the game for the PS3.

Last edited by theant1h3ro; 06-29-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 01:45 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
And I have yet to hear somebody tell me how the xbox 1 games looked better and were smoother then the ps2 version eventhough the game was made for ps2 and ported to xbox
If they developed for the PS3 1st they would be using the Wii and 360 to port from each other
Old 06-30-2009, 02:26 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by theant1h3ro
Dude drop the fanboy BS, you obviously don't understand Hardware optimization. The PS3's gpu and cell processor work in tandem for graphics in first party games much more so then the 360's cpu and gpu. If the game isn't optimized to use the Cell and RSX together efficiently then the result isn't as good as it should be......simple as that. It all comes down to the game is optimized for the 360 and not the PS3. The PS2 and Xbox's infrastructure was very similar last gen therefore you did not see the trend we are currently seeing. The Xbox being the superior system to the PS2 along with optimization for each console being similar made the superior system shine. Not so in this gen where it takes more work to optimize the game for the PS3.

Guru I just wanted to find out which one I should get (PS3 or 360), I couldnt care less about the on going debate about which system is cooler or better or whatever. I was just looking for some guidance and I appreciate (theant1h3ro) the technical info on ports and such, it helps to understand why things work better on some systems and not others. Thanks y'all
Old 06-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #38
Banned

theant1h3ro's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbox
Guru I just wanted to find out which one I should get (PS3 or 360), I couldnt care less about the on going debate about which system is cooler or better or whatever. I was just looking for some guidance and I appreciate (theant1h3ro) the technical info on ports and such, it helps to understand why things work better on some systems and not others. Thanks y'all
Just trying to make sure false information doesn't get spread around. I'm personally getting the game for my PS3 along with Madden (I have all three next gen consoles) for the ease of transferring non EA locker rosters to the PS3 via a flash drive. I also play on my fiance's brothers PS3 as well so that is a big factor in my decision. Honestly though get it for whichever one you enjoy more, if you like the vivid colors of the 360 then get it for that. If you like the PS3 controller more get that version etc. Just buy the game and enjoy the hell out of it like I will be doing on July 14th I'm ready for some video game football!!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #39
Rookie

ostie09's Arena

OVR: 3

ps3 rules and 360 drools!!! walka walka walka

If you ain't first, you're last.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostie09
ps3 rules and 360 drools!!! walka walka walka

LOL....

I have the PS3, 360, and Wii.

Wii is a great system for kids. I never use it.

PS3 is a great blue ray player. Other than that, I don't play games on it very much unless I rent an exclusive PS3 title. Controller is horrible.

360 is the console of choice. I haven't seen a Multi-Platform game that plays better on the PS3. IMO they all play better on the 360 as well as look better. The 360 controller is also a better and easier controller to use.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »