Home

Conference Re-Alignment

This is a discussion on Conference Re-Alignment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #17
Rookie

tc66tc's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Conference Re-Alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
is the conference realignment phase before the CAS substitution or after?
not sure but either way, the only thing you would have to do is sub in your teams for Army, Navy and Air Force first, then do the same moves i listed for ya, but instead of the last move being Air Force it would be one of your CAS's
Old 06-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #18
Rookie

tc66tc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
I want to add Notre Dame to the Big 10 and have 12 teams. How I plan on doing it is to sub out all the Big 12 teams for Big 10 squads. So the conference will have the name Big 10 officially, but in my world it will just be the Big 10.

The divisions will be:

Big Ten East:

Penn State
Michigan State
Notre Dame
Purdue
Michigan
Ohio State

Big Ten West:
Iowa
Illinois
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Indiana

Indiana kind of gets the short straw because (for realism's sake) I don't see ND accepting a Big 10 invite unless they can preserve all of their annual rivalries with Big 10 teams and they would have to be in the same division to do so. Then leave a team like Baylor or Iowa State or Kansas State out as an independent and have the 11 other teams from the Big 12 battle it out in what is officially the Big 10 in-game.
Wow the east is loaded!!!! That's a great idea on how on how to add Notre Dame to the Big 10 without forcing a replacement of a team. Only down side is the bowl tie-ins.

Last edited by tc66tc; 06-29-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #19
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

yeah, either way
thanks for the suggestions man
Old 06-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #20
Rookie

tyler741's Arena

OVR: 7

In my opinion, replacing Penn State with Iowa State is just stupid.

It weakens the Big 10 so much in order to glorify the Big East. Giving the Big East Notre Dame AND Penn State and the Big 10 doesn't get either one of them?

I know this is just for kicks and giggles and it's not like an official thing, but I just thought I'd give my 2 cents anyway.
(Not bashing, just commenting)
Old 06-30-2009, 12:08 AM   #21
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

One major change I would do is get rid of Duke in the ACC, and throw in App. State, since I think they've earned the right. Also throw in Montana in the Mountain West or the WAC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 01:51 AM   #22
Rookie

tc66tc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler741
In my opinion, replacing Penn State with Iowa State is just stupid.

It weakens the Big 10 so much in order to glorify the Big East. Giving the Big East Notre Dame AND Penn State and the Big 10 doesn't get either one of them?

I know this is just for kicks and giggles and it's not like an official thing, but I just thought I'd give my 2 cents anyway.
(Not bashing, just commenting)
I am going to have to take you up on this one. Its been bothering me moving UConn out of the Big East because they were a charter member of the conference in 1979 when it was only a basketball conference. Also with Penn State in there it is actually a very very strong conference and it does leave the Big 10 feeling like a 2 team league.

So I have adjusted the front page and moved UConn back into the Big East, Penn State back to the Big 10 and Iowa State to Indep.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:04 AM   #23
Rookie

tc66tc's Arena

Also a couple other questions for you guys. In the Big 12 I am trying to make it more of a mix of the old SWC and Big 8. The old SWC schools I choose were Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Arkansas and Texas Christian. I chose the Horned Frogs bc they have had the most success since the SWC broke up (selecting between them, Baylor, Houston, Rice and SMU). My first question is who do you guys think is a better pick Baylor or TCU, or even one of the other three I did not choose?

On the placement of FCS teams, I just cant bring myself to boot Duke out of the ACC (for reasons listed below). I am thinking AppState to CUSA, Montana to WAC, Georgia Southern to Sun Belt, and Youngstown State to MAC. What do you guys think?

My goal with this is to better balance the conferences, but pick schools being realigned by historical tie-ins, geography and real life plausibility of it happening. About the only one that sticks out as not being a plausible placement is Tulane to the SEC, but that is one of the historical moves along with Georgia Tech since both were members of the SEC back when it was originally formed.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:31 AM   #24
Rookie

gofresno's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc66tc
================================================== =============
Mountian West
--- Air Force
--- Boise State (Moved to make conf stronger overall)
--- BYU
--- Colorado State
--- Frenso State (Moved to make conf stronger overall)
--- San Deigo State
--- UNLV
--- Utah
--- Wyoming

================================================== =============

Who is Frenso State!?!?!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »