Home

Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers

This is a discussion on Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 05:09 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers

I see what you mean.... WR beats the corner and makes his cut. Corner is well behind the receiver but catches up when the receiver makes his break because the receiver makes a pretty realistic cut (imo) while the corner turns 90 degrees on a dime without ever planting or losing speed and thus catches up to receiver.. deion sanders in his prime could never do that. good post.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:17 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 20

Good post, never thought of this...
Old 07-15-2009, 05:22 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 60

Wow, the wide-out turned in four to six steps while the corner made the same turn in two steps.
Ahhh, consistency.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:35 AM   #20
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

OP, i feel ur pain, its always something, its not a GAME KILLER for me but its frustrating against the best corners. in routes are useless.

i did run the play alot in practise and noticed that if you threw the ball high and late the int animation took the cb out of the play alot maybe thats our saving grace that its not an automatic pick

i love the game this year but its always something, the other thing that bugs me is the chew clock, if i use it i always end up with 30 mins time of possesion compared to their 10 in a loss. how is it fair i can waste time but the cpu cant....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-15-2009, 07:43 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah this is pretty annoying. I was testing out which routes the AI covers well and which it doesn't....tried a play where 3 guys ran quick slants, I audibled the other to run one as well...3 of them were delayed forever by the CB and I had to wait what felt like 5 seconds before they even made it about 10 yards, and the whooping 1 of them that actually ran the route quickly was covered perfectly, a lot like that video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 07:48 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 33

God forbid man coverage actually works this year.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:06 AM   #23
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16
Talking Re: Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Am I the only one who is really angry about the way corners don't have to "settle" when they cut, while the WRs do? It took away some of my favorite ways to attack man defense. And (at least partially) as a result, I'm focking struggling over here. I think my record so far is 1-8 because I can't read the defense in my normal style.

Here's an example.

WR beats the CB handily out of the jam. At this point, he should be able to make a move either to the outside or inside (theoretically) so at this point the CB is on pins and needles once he's a step or two behind. When the WR goes to break on the ball, he has to sink his hips and turn. The corner has no such restraints to his movement, and so gets to the ball before the receiver despite getting manhandled on the jam attempt.

Does anybody think this looks realistic?

Are you a troof chaser now........
Old 07-15-2009, 08:09 AM   #24
Rookie

Kase's Arena

OVR: 3

A good corner should be able to make this play. Granted I don't know how good the corner is in the video, but the wr has to slow down and make a 90 degree cut. The cb has already been beaten and doesn't have to slow down as much. Also, as previously mentioned, the cb doesn't have to make as sharp a cut, therefore he should be able to make up this ground on a short crossing route. If the cb is pressing and knows he's already been beaten, why wouldn't he try to undercut? He has safety help over the top and also the lb in the middle. This is the time cbs should be aggressive. When they have help!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »