Home

EA needs to commit to becoming a "SIM"!

This is a discussion on EA needs to commit to becoming a "SIM"! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 04:17 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA needs to commit to becoming a "SIM"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSolutionKMH
well u ask me to detail it for you in a CF forum so what i suppose to go to apf forums for u to look at. lol but u have your opinion and i have mine on the subject

now back to NCAA. i learned my lesson and i check out the reviews and GT gave it a 7.7 in gameplay so to me they say "SAME GAME with TEAMBUILDER" i look at the impressions and glitches thread and even watch some videos. its not worth my 60 bucks.

Play the game yourself and then post!! You cannot bash something you have NEVER played. Done with you. PEACE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 04:20 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacioust86
Play the game yourself and then post!! You cannot bash something you have NEVER played. Done with you. PEACE
wow how did i bash ncaa? because i said ill pass on buying it.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9
Thumbs down Re: EA needs to commit to becoming a "SIM"!

Quote:
well u ask me to detail it for you in a CF forum so what i suppose to go to apf forums for u to look at. lol but u have your opinion and i have mine on the subject

now back to NCAA. i learned my lesson and i check out the reviews and GT gave it a 7.7 in gameplay so to me they say "SAME GAME with TEAMBUILDER" i look at the impressions and glitches thread and even watch some videos. its not worth my 60 bucks.
haven't played the game, yet you say you have an opinion that something else plays better? Unless you're unclear as to what the definition of the word opinion is, you should know you don't have one.

I have AP2k8, and I like it, but I think you're stroking the game a little too much. The gameplay isn't nearly as good as recent releases of Madden and NCAA, but with good reason...That reason being that it plays exactly like 2k5. The only differences are that the graphics got an upgrade a bit, and that instead of using NFL teams, you put together a team with some HoF'ers and sprinkle in some generic gus for good measure.

The running game in 2k8 was solid (as it was in 2k5) but the passing game...not so much. In any event, it's a moot point....either play NCAA 10 and formulate your own opinion, or pipe down and don't post your interpretation of other peoples reviews.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:42 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
haven't played the game, yet you say you have an opinion that something else plays better?

he does have enough information to say that ...lot of people formulate opinions based on what they see and hear about something...and you know EA as much as the rest of us ... Not many MAJOR changes happen from year to year anyway.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:05 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
haven't played the game, yet you say you have an opinion that something else plays better? Unless you're unclear as to what the definition of the word opinion is, you should know you don't have one.

I have AP2k8, and I like it, but I think you're stroking the game a little too much. The gameplay isn't nearly as good as recent releases of Madden and NCAA, but with good reason...That reason being that it plays exactly like 2k5. The only differences are that the graphics got an upgrade a bit, and that instead of using NFL teams, you put together a team with some HoF'ers and sprinkle in some generic gus for good measure.

The running game in 2k8 was solid (as it was in 2k5) but the passing game...not so much. In any event, it's a moot point....either play NCAA 10 and formulate your own opinion, or pipe down and don't post your interpretation of other peoples reviews.
ummmm no and its doesnt play like 2k5. they use the same engine but 2k8 gameplay is better IMO. just the gameplay aspects when the 22 players on the field interact. physics are better, better footwork and technique. the best pocket PERIOD ever seen in a video game.

now with NCAA. the gameplay look horrible and they still have rocket catch. hell its madden 09 with college teams, i mean WHY ELSE WOULD NCAA 10 have the tyree catch....LOL

LOL madden gives NCAA their hand me downs and consumers accept it LOL
Old 07-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabarneyphife
HAHAHA ... 09?...lol
For some reason people think I was referring to MADDEN here ...hmmmmm ...Let me re-read this...... uh eh (shaking head) ... no it just says "09". And if I recall correctly the title was called "Head Coach 09".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe111
He meant Head Coach
Quote:
hahaha? Head Coach 09...You might have wanted to add that when you quoted me. when you take one sentence without what I had called the true sim, sure you can make it look like I meant Madden. But I told you that it was Head Coach.(Actually you IMPLIED HC... check your OP, son!
I KNOW what he meant ...The question is do you know what I meant?
Let me break it down for all you people in the not knowing world. The ICON meant ... and who in the hell played that? So if you are saying that should satisify "SIM" heads ....WROOONG!

BTW the definition reads as following (for the root word "simulate" 1 : to give or assume the appearance or effect of often with the intent to deceive : imitate (which NCAA or Madden doesn't do : SIMULATE!)

and uh simlate isn't restricted to making decisions ONLY ...Thanks for PLAYING Good Night!

NEXT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacioust86
Are you slow? "EA" does not need to give anyone anything!!! If you do not like the way they do things then do not buy their product. Come up with something better you mooorroon!!! You people bitzch and moan year after year. So tired of it. If you like 2k so much answer me this. Why are they not around anymore? Oh because everyone knows EA would put them away!!!! 2k had it's chance to prove anything with AP2k, but did not impress me at all. The gameplay was horrible!!! BANG BANG (haha you got fantasies huh..?)
Well lets just take a moment people to ADMIRE tenacioust86's well thoughtout yet limited choice of ATTACK words. (Unfortunately, I'm beginning to EXPECT this crude behavior in forums these days).

[Moving on]

OK now.....

- As for your "AS Sumption" that I "bought" the game .... I didn't I rented it.

- If you really believe that BUYING THE NFL LICENSE is considered making EA / Madden the superior brand.....
.....ASK Ian because he is the one not sleeping at night thinking about 2K5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA90sPTgG_I

So my question to you is .."ARE they really out?"
Old 07-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
ummmm no and its doesnt play like 2k5. they use the same engine but 2k8 gameplay is better IMO. just the gameplay aspects when the 22 players on the field interact. physics are better, better footwork and technique. the best pocket PERIOD ever seen in a video game.

now with NCAA. the gameplay look horrible and they still have rocket catch. hell its madden 09 with college teams, i mean WHY ELSE WOULD NCAA 10 have the tyree catch....LOL

LOL madden gives NCAA their hand me downs and consumers accept it LOL
Yeah, your right, each and every play has rocket catch, lousy animations, it's all negative. Thanks for the short(sighted) review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 07:50 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabarneyphife
For some reason people think I was referring to MADDEN here ...hmmmmm ...Let me re-read this...... uh eh (shaking head) ... no it just says "09". And if I recall correctly the title was called "Head Coach 09".

I KNOW what he meant ...The question is do you know what I meant?
Let me break it down for all you people in the not knowing world. The ICON meant ... and who in the hell played that? So if you are saying that should satisify "SIM" heads ....WROOONG!

BTW the definition reads as following (for the root word "simulate" 1 : to give or assume the appearance or effect of often with the intent to deceive : imitate (which NCAA or Madden doesn't do : SIMULATE!)

and uh simlate isn't restricted to making decisions ONLY ...Thanks for PLAYING Good Night!

NEXT!

Well lets just take a moment people to ADMIRE tenacioust86's well thoughtout yet limited choice of ATTACK words. (Unfortunately, I'm beginning to EXPECT this crude behavior in forums these days).

[Moving on]

OK now.....

- As for your "AS Sumption" that I "bought" the game .... I didn't I rented it.

- If you really believe that BUYING THE NFL LICENSE is considered making EA / Madden the superior brand.....
.....ASK Ian because he is the one not sleeping at night thinking about 2K5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA90sPTgG_I

So my question to you is .."ARE they really out?"

Please PM where you received your early copy of Madden 10. I'll be waiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »