Home

Everybody's got one. What's your problem?

This is a discussion on Everybody's got one. What's your problem? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #9
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Everybody's got one. What's your problem?

Most of the INT's don't bother me because I'm honestly making a bad read and I'll throw into coverage. I've had DB's make a few jaw dropping plays on me but I can live with it. Although the superman LB one hand snag kind of got to me, I should have put more touch on the ball and lobbed it over his head.

But the INT's that's killing me, (not as much lately) is when my qb gets hit and the DL or LB picks it off. I've gotten much better cause I'm releasing the ball much faster now, but it is still a problem that is too prevalent IMO. When I first saw it in the game I was excited and liked the animation, but now it's very aggravating. But getting rid of the ball faster will and should slow that down.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Physics. It leads to many of broken INT's you speak of, im so sick of defenders chasing one guy full speed one way, just to flip direction and catch up to one going the opposite way. That and run blocking, specifically from the gun.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

my pet peeve is the CPU's third down conversion rate! stopping thme on 1st and 2nd isn't that bad, but good lord they're like superhuman on 3rd down! Very, very annoying . One game I played as Colorado when I got dropped 41-0 to W. Virginia, they were 12-14 on 3rd downs that game! Are you kidding me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 12:18 PM   #12
Rookie

WOHBuckeye's Arena

OVR: 2

Usually I'm not one to complain about games (it is just a stupid computer, after all), but this year's game has brought out the worst in me. The CPU applies pressure constantly, yet you the user can never get to the quarterback with a four-man rush, sometimes even rushing five or more. Not to mention I played USC and their quarterback goes 12-for-14 to open the first half. I have to throw every coverage known to man out there just to slow down Juice Williams, who still crushed me for 300 yards passing. I can't even count how many deep balls my receivers have dropped this year, the few times they get open. With an open receiver deep on a fly route, I probably average 1 in 4 of getting completed.

All of this is just AI stuff, which can probably solved dropping down a level, but I'd rather stick it out at All-American.. But the one thing that I can't understand is the stupid hitch when the quarterback scrambles. Running for your life with Terrelle Pryor, you hit the line of scrimmage with 20 yards of open space, and the player hitches, and suddenly your tackled from behind by a 300-pound DT. Was there in last year's game too.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOHBuckeye
Usually I'm not one to complain about games (it is just a stupid computer, after all), but this year's game has brought out the worst in me. The CPU applies pressure constantly, yet you the user can never get to the quarterback with a four-man rush, sometimes even rushing five or more. Not to mention I played USC and their quarterback goes 12-for-14 to open the first half. I have to throw every coverage known to man out there just to slow down Juice Williams, who still crushed me for 300 yards passing. I can't even count how many deep balls my receivers have dropped this year, the few times they get open. With an open receiver deep on a fly route, I probably average 1 in 4 of getting completed.

All of this is just AI stuff, which can probably solved dropping down a level, but I'd rather stick it out at All-American.. But the one thing that I can't understand is the stupid hitch when the quarterback scrambles. Running for your life with Terrelle Pryor, you hit the line of scrimmage with 20 yards of open space, and the player hitches, and suddenly your tackled from behind by a 300-pound DT. Was there in last year's game too.
yes, the hitch when the qb passes the LOS was there last year as well
Old 07-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfilade22
My biggest pet peeve while playing any football game is throwing interceptions. I can't stand watching the defender jump and snatch the ball as my receiver keeps running his route oblivious to the concept of preventing an interception. I started a dynasty with Marshall today and threw 4 picks in the first game.

Pick #!: Post over the middle to the TE safety doesn't attempt to look at the ball but instead uses his omnipotence and catches the ball over the shoulder.

#2: MLB jumps and catches it with one hand, once again the eyes in the back of his head alerted him to the ball.

They are basically all the same. ALL B.S. I've seen a couple people try to defend this terrible terrible problem by saying more or less, "The defense yells "pass" lo0o0o0olz"
Even if this were so how does the defender knows the pass is coming his way? As soon as any defensive player hears those words his head goes two places. First, it goes to the QB then immediately to the air. This seems to be unnecessary in NCAA 10 because the defense already knows where the pass is and where its going and don't need to play the ball realistically. What frustrates you most in NCAA and football games in general?
and how do you think coaches feel when their QB's throw INTs in real life?
It's not the game, its you. Don't throw over the middle where the MLB is standing. Thats your fault for throwing into coverage. Not to say that there aren't those ridiculous interceptions, but they aren't as frequent as you make them out to be.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Minimizing sacks

1. Make your pre-snap reads. Audible out if you have to.
2. Drop back with the number of steps appropriate to the play called.
3. Make your reads as you drop back.
4. Throw to your hot-read when facing a blitz.
5. Don't call pass plays all the time. Mix in some runs or HB draws.

Minimizing Interceptions

1. Don't throw into coverage.
2. Set your feet before throwing.
3. Use proper ball placement.
4. Use proper touch on the ball.
5. Don't throw the ball when you're about to get hit. Take the sack.

Shutting down CPU offense

1. Always manually control a linebacker or safety.
2. Learn CPU tendencies.
3. Use the new Defensive Keys feature.
4. Use the new Gameplan feature.
5. Call different plays to prevent the CPU AI from 'keying in'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 05:52 PM   #16
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
yes, the hitch when the qb passes the LOS was there last year as well

For you guys talking about the "hitch." I used to always have this problem too. My buddy would scramble all day with his fast QB's and kill me, yet my QB would hitch and slow down once he passed the LOS. I finally figured out what caused it this year.

For some reason, if you run with the D-PAD, your QB will hitch and slow down every time he passes the LOS. If you use the stick, then you'll be fine. He'll keep running full speed. I couldn't believe it was something as simple as that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »