Home

The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In.....

This is a discussion on The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #41
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
At this point the auto-subs and fatigue issue as well as extreme progression are tiring me of this game already. I have only played three seasons (in an avg. ncaa I will play 8-12) but I am getting a little frustrated.

1. ZERO DEFENSIVE SUBS~ unless there is an injury there are no subs!!!

2. auto-subs on offense that don't work correctly

3. ridiculous fatigue~ they system would be fine if we had FORMATION SUBS!!!! (only missing for 4 years now)

4. progression brings cpu robo QB back by about season three. Last night versus Nevada (A.A. QB acc 40, receptions 40) I watched the QB go 22-31 for 286 and three tds. Come on, this is Nevada we're talking about!
Colin Kaepernick is pretty awesome. Keep an eye on him this season.

Back on topic. Yeah, sales are dropping, the suits must be ready to give up on this franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Colin Kaepernick is pretty awesome. Keep an eye on him this season.

Back on topic. Yeah, sales are dropping, the suits must be ready to give up on this franchise.
They aren't going to give up on it because it is obviously making profit. I do think that they will look at the trend in sales and make a change to the person leading the NCAA franchise at least.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #43
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

My intention is not to bash the NCAA game or EA....

I'm one of the people who gave up on buying NCAA each and every year. I just simply grew tried of the yearly disappointments of the game. The wait for the return of old gen features became just too long. Along with the feeling that the gameplay grew worse with each new release. For me....the fun of past NCAA games had been replaced with frustration. Instead of continuing to bang my head against the wall, and spend more time bitching about the game, than playing it, I spoke with my wallet.

It's great to hear that NCAA '10' for the most part has been better received than games of the last few years. But for me...I've moved on to games I simply enjoy more.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #44
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7

I love it that sales are down. Maybe they'll get the hint and go back to their roots. Back when they tried to put the best NCAA football game out there. Step one should be, make sure everything they offered in the PS2 version is in the Next Gen version.

Maybe a slump in sales will inspire change. My fear is that change would be EA Sports dropping the title, which would be a shame. For many years they used to make a hell of a college football game. I would love to see them make a comeback.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #45
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

All we need now is for Madden to outsell itself from last years numbers and we will finally see some changes in the NCAA devolpment team, here's to hoping for the best.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #46
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN1
I would say its the economy for sure, this game out now kills any other ncaa game EA has put out, plus its better than MADDEN 09, way better.

Wow.

Question: Have you played any other NCAA game before?
Old 08-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Rebby
I love it that sales are down. Maybe they'll get the hint and go back to their roots. Back when they tried to put the best NCAA football game out there. Step one should be, make sure everything they offered in the PS2 version is in the Next Gen version.

Maybe a slump in sales will inspire change. My fear is that change would be EA Sports dropping the title, which would be a shame. For many years they used to make a hell of a college football game. I would love to see them make a comeback.
At this point I wouldnt care if they dropped NCAA. There is no way they will pay for an exclusive agreement and NOT release a game. So I would figure they would drop the agreement with the NCAA and it would allow other companies to come in and try to capitalize.

Next gen has been terrible for the NCAA series. Its almost 2010 and we still dont have things in the game that were in the game in 2002.

Everyone on the NCAA team should be moved to a different project where whatever talents it is that they have can be put to better use.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clw22580
Week 1 - NCAA 10 360/PS3 Sales = 399,876 units = $23,992,560.00

Week 1 - NCAA 09 360/PS3 Sales = 451,290 units = $27,077,400.00

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg...me3=&weeks=100

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg...game3=&weeks=2

NCAA 10 Week 1 sales = -11.40% (-$3,084,840.00) from NCAA 09 Week 1 Sales

This is a continuing decline of sales from the series' peak in the 04/05 days.

EA's consumers are speaking, the question is, does anyone at EA/Tiburon hear it?
Yea the people are fed up, its not the economy, great post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »