Home

Tough to intercept the ball

This is a discussion on Tough to intercept the ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2009, 02:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Tough to intercept the ball

Anyone else having trouble getting interceptions, it seemed like in last years game there were a lot more user picks at least for me but now every time I go to intercept the ball it either just bounces off my guys hands or sometimes he wont even jump to swat the ball away. Does anyone else have this problem and is there anything I can do that will help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 04:09 AM   #2
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Tough to intercept the ball

try taking control of defenders coming back to the ball after the pass is thrown. The saftey breaking down on a ball is an easy pick.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:24 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Not having troubles with ints but, I got to say the swat button dose not seem to work for me, It just gives me some lame animation slowing my defender which leads to an easy TD for the WR because he had time to run past my defender catch the ball and scamper off before my defender know wut is going on.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:36 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

To be honest, I've come to realize that it is damn near impossible to intercept the ball unless you either;

A) Start out as a Safety and are covering a deep route, or;
B) Switch to a person that is in perfect position to intercept it.

The ball goes entirely too fast in the air to intercept it... or even knock it down.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
stewaat

OVR:

It's really tough this year, and I like it!

I finally intercepted one controlling the MLB yesterday. I get burned all the time.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #6
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah im having alot of trouble getting picks especially with my CB's. I think i average about 2-3 picks between all of my CB's a season. My safeties are a different story. I seem to have no trouble at all getting picks with my safeties.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #7
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Well, the game is programmed for lots of INT drops, otherwise you'd have 10 a game. That's EA's way to keep the numbers down when the correct wway is not have the defender in perfect position in the first place.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #8
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
Yeah im having alot of trouble getting picks especially with my CB's. I think i average about 2-3 picks between all of my CB's a season. My safeties are a different story. I seem to have no trouble at all getting picks with my safeties.
My CBs have been picking off the most for me. No I do not user pick, unless I'm controlling the player before the ball is in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
Well, the game is programmed for lots of INT drops, otherwise you'd have 10 a game. That's EA's way to keep the numbers down when the correct wway is not have the defender in perfect position in the first place.
Can't argue with this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »