Home

The absolute worst thing you ever done playing this game

This is a discussion on The absolute worst thing you ever done playing this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The absolute worst thing you ever done playing this game

Just like the OP i saved over my TCU dynasty that was in like year 4 i had them into a powerhouse...So i started over with central michigan and in like year 2 my ps3 broke so i lost that data as well

It sucked lol
Old 08-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #10
Rookie

HokiesCavs's Arena

I accidentally saved over a 20 year UVA dynasty that I had played every game in back on NCAA 08. I almost cried.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #11
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Was trying to get the 60 years of dynasty achievement in 07. Was just simming season after season, not saving. Fell asleep. XBox shut off after six hours of no use. About 35 years simming through, down the drain. Why didn't I just save every 10 years...

Worst thing this year. Playing online, another highly rated player (I think like 18). Get up 24 to 0 with 3 minutes left in the 1st half and I get a punt return to the 40. Go for the dagger, pick 6 + 2. Following kickoff, big hit, fumble. Drives down, scores. 24 - 16. Run out the half. Get the ball to start the 3rd. Regain composure. Run. On the goaline. Option, bad decision, intercepted pitch, TD for him. 24-22. Back and forth, but have the ball 3rd and 10 on the 30, down 31-32 with 30 seconds left. I'm money on all kicks. Decide to pass. Get sacked for 8 yards. Puts me out of FG range. Try anyway. 3 yards short. Game over.

God I played stupid and terrible in that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #12
Rookie

elliottcarbone's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiesCavs
I accidentally saved over a 20 year UVA dynasty that I had played every game in back on NCAA 08. I almost cried.

I feel your pain man it def sucks....How is campus legend this year? I am wondering if it would be a nice change from Dynasty mode.
NCAA BB: Miami Hurricanes
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

National Champions

1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001

Old 08-17-2009, 08:04 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 11

Coming back as Connecticut, at home, against a ranked Nebraska team in Year 3, I was down 3 with :05 left and tried to punch it in from 2 yards out for the win. Figuring i would dive straight ahead and call my last timeout for the FG if i didn't get it. Somehow that dive play took 5 seconds... needless to say i didn't get in and lost, dropping to 0-3 or 0-4 on the season... i took the next day off and played just CH2k8
Old 08-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #14
Rookie

worst thing ever?

tied 21-21 against Michigan (i'm Michigan State)...with 8 seconds to go in the 4th quarter, they punt...i receive the ball inside my 20, and instead of calling a fair catch, i try to run it back...my returner gets crushed, fumbles, and the Michigan coverage team recovers and takes it to the house for a 28-21 win with no time left....

this game makes you pay if you try to get greedy...
Old 08-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I score in the national championship game against the team I despise most (Notre Dame) to take the lead 20-19 with 1:34 to go. So, I go for 2. For reasons unbeknownst to me, I force a pass that had no chance of being completed, just to throw it because everyone was covered. Picked, and run back 105 yards for 2 points. Notre Dame 21 Oregon State 20-Final. 2 years later, I won the title luckily and now I'm trying to rebuild Duke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #16
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
I score in the national championship game against the team I despise most (Notre Dame) to take the lead 20-19 with 1:34 to go. So, I go for 2. For reasons unbeknownst to me, I force a pass that had no chance of being completed, just to throw it because everyone was covered. Picked, and run back 105 yards for 2 points. Notre Dame 21 Oregon State 20-Final. 2 years later, I won the title luckily and now I'm trying to rebuild Duke.
I've did this a countless number of times and lost. Just not in the title game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »