Home

Is NCAA 10 worth buying?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA 10 worth buying? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 12:30 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Is NCAA 10 worth buying?

I'd say its worth it. Yes, there are problems with progression and fatigue, but all around its the most fun I've had with an NCAA game.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:23 AM   #10
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

I regret having bought it.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:08 AM   #11
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Best NCAA next gen so far. Loving my dynasty. Sad to see so many people that can't enjoy a game for what it is...even though there may be an exageration in the ratings, it's really not that bad, and hasn't effected anything.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #12
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

If you asked this question a month ago, I would've said HECK YES THIS GAME IS AWESOME
Now, I wouldn't recommend it. It's just gotten so bland and old. Plus the fact that EA didn't fix the progression and fatigue and the lack of atmosphere and presentation, this game misses on so many levels. it's got decent gameplay, but there just is no substance. I have no reason to come back to it.
What fun is winning a bowl game or rivalry if you don't get to see your team get the trophy and celebrating? There's no satisfaction. I've just lost all interest in NCAA 10.
and I'm a hardcore college football fan. I normally play this series regardless of its flaws, but this time around I'm not feeling it.

My advice: Rent it. It's not worth $60.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:49 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

i love this game buy it twice !
Old 08-30-2009, 09:56 PM   #14
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

i hate it personally. in fact if you want to purchase my copy + shipping i might be willing to part with it. they did fix a couple problems out of the several things wrong with '09, but only to break more things. its obvious they either 1) did not test this game properly or 2) they just didn't really care about it.

the ppl who enjoy this years game only enjoy it because its better then '09. its the same garbage just a little more shiny, in the end it is what it is. rent or borrow it and make your own decision.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:00 PM   #15
Banned

DOSMedia4SC's Arena

OVR: 10

Depends on what you like in a game.
Personally I bought this game the day it came out and I am still playing it and love it. There are some flaws like dynasty progression, but I guess I just learned to live with that. The game play is awesome and way way better then last year. It is still missing some presentation, but on the flip side of that the game flows very very nicely, unlike Madden. If your looking to get Madden or NCAA, I would say rent both first, but I think NCAA blows away Madden. Madden is just completely boring to me. I almost fell asleep the times I played it. They ruined the flow to that game and the default game speed is like playing a game at an over-cranked frame rate.

Anyways, I agree with everyone else that says rent it first, because its a personal preference.
To answer your question with a yes or no though, I would say yes its worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #16
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I love the game...But you may think different, if you are unsure, rent first.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »