Home

NCAA Football 2004 Movie Clip

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2004 Movie Clip within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-31-2003, 08:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 2004 Movie Clip

Quote:

I've seen that movie clip somewhere before.

Hehe. That is likely because, after I posted it to TechSideline.com, the location was quickly leaked to EA.com, ncaaheaven.com, etc. Steve here has kindly offered to host it for me since my previous server was slammed by about 7GB of traffic in one day...simply in requests for the video.

It is obviously Hokie-centered, but hopefully everyone can get something out of it. I have about 20 more minutes of in-game and in-menu footage, but that would be too much to compress nicely...and most of it is probably boring. ;> If anyone has any questions, just ask.

C-ya,
Gray
Old 05-31-2003, 08:40 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:

If anyone has any questions, just ask.

Yea did you guys disconnect the controller for the guy who was using UVA? I noticed a bit of Va Tech bias in the gameplay.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:42 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Looking great! thanks for the video man!
NCAA 2004 is GOOD! thats it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2003, 08:52 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Quote:

I've seen that movie clip somewhere before.

Hehe. That is likely because, after I posted it to TechSideline.com, the location was quickly leaked to EA.com, ncaaheaven.com, etc. Steve here has kindly offered to host it for me since my previous server was slammed by about 7GB of traffic in one day...simply in requests for the video.

It is obviously Hokie-centered, but hopefully everyone can get something out of it. I have about 20 more minutes of in-game and in-menu footage, but that would be too much to compress nicely...and most of it is probably boring. ;> If anyone has any questions, just ask.

C-ya,
Gray

"YEA LANE STADIUM!"

WOOOOOOO... now all they need are cadets lighting the cannon!!!
Old 05-31-2003, 09:11 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:

did you guys disconnect the controller for the guy who was using UVA?

LOL! No, no - I played vs the CPU...there wasn't a second player.

Quote:

I noticed a bit of Va Tech bias in the gameplay

Indeed, that is because I'm a Hokie! While I was there, you can bet that VT had a lot of air time on the monitors. ;>

Just for the curious, my three favorite parts of 2004:

1. A virtually perfect Lane Stadium model. It is extremely impressive.
Admittedly, this will not be of interest to non-Hokies. ;>

2. Expanded special teams playbook. For example, multiple punt-block schemes.

3. The ability to check plays at the line for offense, defense, and special teams. Now you can double up on that talented receiver...or have your tight-end bail-out of his pass route in order to block.

C-ya,
Gray
Old 05-31-2003, 09:16 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:

now all they need are cadets lighting the cannon!!!

Amen, brother!

I'd also love to have a VT-specific team intro (i.e. walking down the tunnel, touching the Hokie stone) like Notre Dame (among a handful of other schools) has in this incarnation. Alas, we will have to wait for that. (And for fixes to the Hokie Bird model...grrrr...)

C-ya,
Gray
Old 05-31-2003, 09:22 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Btw, I'm CuseHokie over on TSL...

I wanted to ask, is it any easier to block field goals? Did you play enough? Special teams always seemed like it could use work, at least on heisman level (although I could always block punts). I notice that the blocking animations, especially on the KJ breakaway, was nice... one of the UVA lineman (I think) gets plowed over... I don't remember that "animation" from last year.

Do the other stadiums seem more defined too? It seems like not only is Lane re-designed, but the detail is tremendously higher...not so "blocky" looking like the past years... they still do not have 10 rows of steps on the East and West though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2003, 09:57 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:

I'm CuseHokie over on TSL...

Ah! Nice to meet you! I'm, of course, gcarper on TSL...though my posts a few and far between. (I prefer to contribute when I feel I have something pertinant to say...and that isn't often. ;>)

Quote:

is it any easier to block field goals?

Actually, in the four games I played, I don't think anyone attempted a field goal on me! So I'm really not sure. There were a few extra point attempts...those didn't feel any easier to block.

Quote:

Did you play enough?

No way! ;> I played for about an hour in total, I suppose, but I was hungry for more. Each team who faced the Hokies (UVA, Texas A&M, Pitt, and Nebraska) went away crying bitter tears of shame.

Quote:

Do the other stadiums seem more defined too?

Good question. In my games, I only played in Lane...but I did notice other people in other stadiums (like the Big House) and they all looked good. It is very possible that most of the stadiums got an overhaul.

Quote:

It seems like not only is Lane re-designed, but the detail is tremendously higher...

Bingo. I can absolutely confirm that.

C-ya,
Gray

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »