Home

NCAA Staff...how much pressure?

This is a discussion on NCAA Staff...how much pressure? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: NCAA Staff...how much pressure?
Brian Kelly at ND Pressure 56 54.37%
Some pressure but can still breathe easy 23 22.33%
No Pressure 24 23.30%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #33
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Staff...how much pressure?

There is a ton of pressure on the producers and devs to increase sales that have been down over the past few years. Plus there is pressure from the success of Madden to make great strides like big brother. The motivation/pressure is not from internal but external they are being passed by other games as 2nd favorite sports game to Madden. Plus, factor in the reduction in sales leads to a reduction in budget which leads to a reduction in ability...they are in a world of dung in terms of pressure.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #34
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
There is a ton of pressure on the producers and devs to increase sales that have been down over the past few years. Plus there is pressure from the success of Madden to make great strides like big brother. The motivation/pressure is not from internal but external they are being passed by other games as 2nd favorite sports game to Madden. Plus, factor in the reduction in sales leads to a reduction in budget which leads to a reduction in ability...they are in a world of dung in terms of pressure.
I really hope so. I just dont see it, or I havent seen it yet. I just do not believe that ea and this team cant knock our socks off with a great game. They just dont do it. I do not know if its EA higher ups or the team becoming satisifed with their lack luster efforts every year, but until I see a change from ea or this team Blockbuster will do just fine.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #35
Rookie

UF Fan's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
I really hope so. I just dont see it, or I havent seen it yet. I just do not believe that ea and this team cant knock our socks off with a great game. They just dont do it. I do not know if its EA higher ups or the team becoming satisifed with their lack luster efforts every year, but until I see a change from ea or this team Blockbuster will do just fine.
I think they need to borrow a page from MLB the Show. With all of its online complaints, MLB gets the core gameplay elements right. No way should they get good reviews this year with marginal gameplay/presentation. Where is the sound of the bands between plays...and not just recorded band songs but having that "real time" sound. Where a are coaches (even generic ones). NCAA is not a bad game but more and more gamers are not going to fork over $60 for bland upgrades.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 8

There is no pressure on the staff at all. EA doesn't care that most of the hardcore crowd is displeased with NCAA on NG. As long as the stock holders are happy the staff has no pressure.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #37
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
Icon12 Re: NCAA Staff...how much pressure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF Fan
Ive always soured on the strategic advantages of exclusive licenses. They've always seemed like a counteractive solution. The grantee forks over an extraordinary amount of money to the granter when this capital could have been used to improve their own product line. The granter receives a allotted amount of money and forgoes greater gains that could have been obtained from sales via competition.
Agreed. The market is better with competion. EA tried to buy out the comp so they could avoid losing customers, but really lost more because of their buisness practice. They stopped 2k momentum, because 07 would have been a better football game than madden.
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Old 01-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #38
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF Fan
I think they need to borrow a page from MLB the Show. With all of its online complaints, MLB gets the core gameplay elements right. No way should they get good reviews this year with marginal gameplay/presentation. Where is the sound of the bands between plays...and not just recorded band songs but having that "real time" sound. Where a are coaches (even generic ones). NCAA is not a bad game but more and more gamers are not going to fork over $60 for bland upgrades.
I agree, the sound (and bands) need a Huge upgrade. It sounds like they have been using the same band tracks since the PS1 days.

Sideshow Bob
Old 01-19-2010, 02:23 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 9

I would like a new poll option above Brian Kelly at ND called 'Urban Meyer's Blood' pressure.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #40
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
Icon10 Re: NCAA Staff...how much pressure?

Still givin the facts: I would like to see ea make one more good college game before the exclusive contract wears off next year. I hope they host another fan Blog to get some of the features they want in there. Just Take out the Predict pass/ run plays. people abuse this and ruins the spirit of trying to outsmart the next player, which is what football is about.
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »