Home

Flexbone vs 5-2

This is a discussion on Flexbone vs 5-2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Flexbone vs 5-2

Online, I run 100% flexbone. Haven't really had major problems running my offense until recently when I came across a couple of players that ran the 5-2 against me. This seemed to stop my offense in its tracks. Both of these users would pinch the LBs and user control the FS.

I tried FB dive-stuffed by LB or DL
Triple option to outside- both QB and pitch man were covered
It seemed as if the only thing I could do to get any offense was to run the quick option and even then I had to cut it upfield as soon as I took the snap.

Any ideas as to how to defeat this using the flexbone? Is it possible? Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Flexbone vs 5-2

Usually the 5-2 is very weak on outside runs. I would think the triple option, quick option, and toss would KILL this defense. I run the balanced playbook so i have some experience with it. Obviously it will be strong on the inside but you should be able to take advantage of the outside. I would imagine that anyone using the 5-2 against the flex is hot routing some linemen to either contain or spy...

Maybe you are too predictable about which side you are going to... always the wide side? I dunno.. i would think you could make a user FS make a mistake every so often.

That being said, i respect you for running the flex exclusively. I've personally never lost to anyone who did that but i can see how it could be deadly against some people. You might wanna check out the balanced playbook... more fun and you still get some flex.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

i dont know that ive ever gone against the 5-2 but i do run the trap option alot to keep the opponent from shifting the D based on my motion direction. too bad there arent other reverse options to go along with the trap.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

quick options, midline bihind FB helps in my OD vs 5-2
Old 02-05-2010, 11:56 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Midline, midline, and more midline. Just follow the b-back right up the hole and try and kick as many as you can off tackle for BIG gainers vs the 5-2. Don't get crazy and try to kick everything outside though. When most people think "bounce outside" they think hit the sideline. Bounce outside right off your tackles. Oh I love the flexbone. It's unstoppable on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 04:11 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 31

Funny the wishbone was designed to attack the 5-2 defense.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 10

The midline works pretty well, and even when I was getting "stopped" on triple option dives, I was getting like 3 yards and then trying to fall forward, but idk how you were doing.

Speed sweeps and tosses work pretty well along with the speed option type plays, but then I would always be cutting it upfield right along the tackles. I'd be doing this because jetting to the sideline immediately gets rid of the open field I'd have if I need to pitch it 'n stuff. Also, goalline flexbone formation, and tackle over works pretty good on outside plays.

I've not tried too many option passes but I figure they might work well if they start charging crazy at you with the FS and whatnot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »