Home

Canadians... where are you getting NCAA 2004

This is a discussion on Canadians... where are you getting NCAA 2004 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2003, 08:48 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Canadians... where are you getting NCAA 2004

$130 for one game! Wow. That's dedication.

Hell you could probably just get someone off of this board to buy it and send it to you, and you pay them via paypal. Total cost including tax and shipping would be around $60.00 US assuming it's a $50US game.

If they just mark "gift" and a value of around $30 on the customs form, don't send it by UPS, shipping should be around $4.00 US, and would arrive very quickly (3-4 business days.)
Old 07-04-2003, 12:35 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 24

You guys should consider ordering the game off Ebay. The shipping costs will be much cheaper. Last year, it took three or four weeks for delivery from EA Sports. By the time I got the game, Madden 2004 was only three days away.
This stupid NCAA no-sale thing in Canada is annoying. It's only a friggin video game!
Old 07-04-2003, 12:49 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Trust me James if I had known it would have cost that much I wouldn't have been so dedicated. Even though I noticed EB offers no duty and taxes for Candians I was still charged so I wasn't too pleased. If it is going to take 3 or 4 weeks to get here, maybe I should find an alternate means of obtaining it.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:58 PM   #20
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:

dave374 said:
This stupid NCAA no-sale thing in Canada is annoying. It's only a friggin video game!

Don't blame EA or the NCAA for it...it's the f'n OUA/CIAU's fault. They want EA to give them lisencing fees b/c they beleive that the NCAA is taking away from their profits as an organization. They were at one point talking to the Canadian Government about possible banning all NCAA mercendise (games, clothes, figures) from being sold in Canada. The videogame ban was passed, but you can still purchase clothes that have the NCAA license.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:00 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

at least us Canadians can still get the game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2003, 01:02 PM   #22
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:

InsertNameHere said:
at least us Canadians can still get the game!

Yeah, but if the OUA/CIAU would stop being a bunch of a-hole's I'd just have a 3 minute drive to my EB on July 15th.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:13 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

If a bunch of people in the Toronto area want the game, why not just organize a road-trip to Buffalo or something to get a bunch of copies? Could be kind of fun.

If anyone in the Ottawa area wants the game, I might be up for a road-trip down to the store in Massena, NY. It's just across the border from Cornwall. It's where I went last year. Had to pay tax coming back across the border into Canada, but it was easy. I do have a plan to get it from a friend in Syracuse, but that could change.

nivek that store you referred me to "might" get the game they said, and they won't ship it here. I'd have to drive.

Also, Microplay here in Ottawa will get the game, but they said they "don't know when".

Old 07-05-2003, 02:09 AM   #24
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Could someone tell me why u cant buy NCAA videogames in Canada

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »