Home

Any news on additional QB ratings/styles?

This is a discussion on Any news on additional QB ratings/styles? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Any news on additional QB ratings/styles?

I have searched this board from top to bottom looking for any info on this.

In Madden 10 they added new ratings in order to make QBs play more like their real life counterparts:
Short Accuracy
Medium Accuracy
Deep Accuracy
Throw on the run
Play Action

Has anybody heard if these will be implemented into NCAA 11?
This may be a dealbreaker for me.

I would like to see different throwing motions like they have in Madden, but that isnt my top priority. I just want to see big differences in the types/styles of QBs we see at the college level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Any news on additional QB ratings/styles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahtio
I have searched this board from top to bottom looking for any info on this.

In Madden 10 they added new ratings in order to make QBs play more like their real life counterparts:
Short Accuracy
Medium Accuracy
Deep Accuracy
Throw on the run
Play Action

Has anybody heard if these will be implemented into NCAA 11?
This may be a dealbreaker for me.

I would like to see different throwing motions like they have in Madden, but that isnt my top priority. I just want to see big differences in the types/styles of QBs we see at the college level.
I am sure they will be in there....Whether or not they make a differance (BARELY noticable in madden10) is still TBD.

I actually hope they scrap about 10 attributes personally as they dont do anything anyway and just serve as filler.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

It would be nice to see but I doubt they do it
Old 04-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I am sure they will be in there....Whether or not they make a differance (BARELY noticable in madden10) is still TBD.

I actually hope they scrap about 10 attributes personally as they dont do anything anyway and just serve as filler.
They weren't barely noticeable, these were some of the few ratings that worked correctly. Go take Michael Vick and try passing from the pocket. It doesn't work too well, trust me. Then go use Kerry Collins and throw on the run every play. It doesn't work too well either.

The new QB ratings probably worked the best out of any ratings in Madden or NCAA. I know I could tell a difference between Colt Brennan and Jason Campbell when Campbell went down in my franchise. I could only throw short routes or else a pick would likely happen on a deep throw.

― Plato
Old 04-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Oh, and to answer the topic. I would say yes. NCAA is getting a lot of Madden 10's features and its getting most of 11's too. We're getting Pro-Tak, Locomotion, and tons of player equipment. So, I would assume this would carry over as well.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
They weren't barely noticeable, these were some of the few ratings that worked correctly. Go take Michael Vick and try passing from the pocket. It doesn't work too well, trust me. Then go use Kerry Collins and throw on the run every play. It doesn't work too well either.

The new QB ratings probably worked the best out of any ratings in Madden or NCAA. I know I could tell a difference between Colt Brennan and Jason Campbell when Campbell went down in my franchise. I could only throw short routes or else a pick would likely happen on a deep throw.
Sure...To a point...But i have thrown on the RUN Millions of times with QBs with a low rating in each respective category (Brady,Manning,Collins to name a few). You have some bad throws thats for sure, but you can still do what you have always been able to do...Just not as much.

The ratings need ALOT of tweaks to say the least.

Just my .02 based on experience.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Of course Brady and Manning will throw it accurately. Even on the run, they will be accurate the majority of the time. Now, with Collins, we've had total opposites. When I tried throwing on the run, the ball normally hit the ground 5 yards after the line of scrimmage and would never reach the intended target.

― Plato
Old 04-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

As of right now there is no news on this. But once they get ready to do a blog on this subject then they will let us know I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »