Home

When will EA realize that you can't have a QB...

This is a discussion on When will EA realize that you can't have a QB... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2010, 02:57 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: When will EA realize that you can't have a QB...

it's all good it's late and I don't think I'm explaining myself that well either, but yeah I hope overall lineplay gets an upgrade this year. I can't comment too much on 2K because it's been forever since I played 2K5 and I couldn't get into 2K8 at all because of no franchise mode
Old 04-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 34

Never. They havent paid attention to this for 15 years. There really isnt much reason to hope, that they'll get it now.

We all know that the offensive line should cave in, if a QB just abandons the pocket at the snap of the ball, for no dang reason.

We all know that DE's when they take the proper pursuit angle, almost always cuts off the outside, unless the QB makes a really athletic play.

Why? Because in real life, DE's EXPLODE off of the line, they dont lock themselves into the arms of a waiting lineman, and play patty-cake with him
Old 04-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 34

ITs also the reason why I control the DL manually, and run the damn hoop with the DE/rush LB in the 3-4 myself.

I dont move him wide, but I'll be damned if im going to watch him run right into the OT every down.

I wouldnt have nearly as much of a problem with that, if the damn power bullrush move worked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2010, 09:32 AM   #36
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

good posts guys. we were on last gen the last time this was on the top of my wish list. long gave up on it. when ea made a big deal about the in house lineman guy fixing the line i had hope but that guy didnt do anything and then havent heard from him. de play is terrible and really user controlled shouldnt be apart of conversation. it needs to play right with the ai because when i play as the qb i want the cpu to play me right.

alot of you have your ways of semi fixing it and i do also. every damn play for two years i have stunted line out and then switched to the de's to make them run straight ahead. not only do the de's play pattycake but look at how many steps they wasted just to get to the tackle. this eliminates a couple of steps but still taking to many.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #37
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
2k8 still had far better than line play than any NCAA this gen. I really don't see how that can be argued. As far as you saying Madden 10 had better line play than 2k8, I flat disagree with that as well due to the line play in 2k8 being far more dynamic even though it wasn't perfect either.

Even the number of animations in terms of line play in NCAA 2010 paled in comparison to 2k8. That even more than the defensive end issue bugged me about NCAA 10. The number of animations on the line were too limited, their is no sense of the line play being dynamic.

And nobody is expecting perfectly realistic line play either, but it should at least somewhat mimic or portray what we see in real life. At least in terms of basic fundamentals such as de's getting upfield for example.

And to be clear I was more referencing 2k8 in my previous posts when I mentioned 2k games because I thought it had better line play than 2k5.
I apologize, I thought you were referring to 2k5. I actually never played 2k8 beyond the demo, so I wouldn't know about that.

And I meant that Madden had better line play than NCAA. It was a definite step in the right direction. I'd rather have them do the best they can with this engine, then scrap it and start over. These games have finally gotten to the point where they do a lot of things well, I don't want to start over.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #38
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
And I meant that Madden had better line play than NCAA. It was a definite step in the right direction.
No it's not, at it's core, every OL interaction seems to be based on interior DL vs interior OL. It works well in the middle of the line, but on the edges, this requires different animations, physics and logic.

They've attempted to fix it by giving ends unrealistic methods of getting to the QB. Unfortunately, what that does is also give those same advantages to interior defensive lineman.

At minimum, they need two archetypes for each OL and DL. Don't make them all play like interior linemen.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #39
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I apologize, I thought you were referring to 2k5.
Even if he were it still holds true.

Smooth double teams , blockers handing off defenders to others , speed rushers actually using their speed and leverage to beat a OT..ect. No EA title has ever approached 2K5 and that is beyond sad.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #40
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
Even if he were it still holds true.

Smooth double teams , blockers handing off defenders to others , speed rushers actually using their speed and leverage to beat a OT..ect. No EA title has ever approached 2K5 and that is beyond sad.
True..

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »