Home

The Official "Plea to EA to remove visibility of 'points' in recruiting" thread

This is a discussion on The Official "Plea to EA to remove visibility of 'points' in recruiting" thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you feel EA should remove "points" from being visible in recruiting?
Yes, This makes recruiting feel even less unrealistic 40 42.11%
No, I like it more this way 17 17.89%
I don't care 38 40.00%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #9
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: The Official "Plea to EA to remove visibility of 'points' in recruiting" thread

Blog 3 of 3 is suppose to get more indepth about the points. So I will reserve my signature until after that blog is released.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: The Official "Plea to EA to remove visibility of 'points' in recruiting" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Blog 3 of 3 is suppose to get more indepth about the points. So I will reserve my signature until after that blog is released.
Hopefully we get Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 today, but I am not holding my breath as I doubt we'll get any information of the game this week, as we got 2 Dynasty Blogs last week.

And yeah, at the end of Blog 2, they said that they would elaborate on the information in Blogs 1 and 2 in blog 3, which made me believe very strongly that they failed to put in a coaching carousel or an AD Mode yet again this year.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:47 AM   #11
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I choose I don't care. I feel overall recruiting has been improved this year. This isn't a big deal deal to me though, I'll be able to enjoy recruiting with it on or with it off.

Last edited by Buckeyes_Doc; 05-28-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #12
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I don't see the big deal here. There's has always been a meter without points assigned that you could view so what's the difference? Besides, if it's that big of a deal to you, I believe you don't have to enter that screen.

In the end all that matters to me is that recruiting is implemented correctly and the computer A.I. is strong so that they have the ability to come back from behind.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #13

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I don't see the big deal here. There's has always been a meter without points assigned that you could view so what's the difference? Besides, if it's that big of a deal to you, I believe you don't have to enter that screen.

In the end all that matters to me is that recruiting is implemented correctly and the computer A.I. is strong so that they have the ability to come back from behind.
The meter was a lot more ambiguous. Showing points is too transparent.

I don't think Nick Saban sits in his office doing mathematics to try to figure out what a player thinks about him and his school.

I could excuse having "points" to try to figure out how hard you go after a certain player because this can be related to time/minutes spent recruiting a player. But points as a basis of a recruit's intent is taking things a little too far.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think we need to hear finer details of how this works before we get up in arms. It could be that, according to your coach's recruiting skill or your relationship with the player or something, you could have a more (or less) accurate view of your point standing with a player. It could be that leading for a prospect in points doesn't guarantee that he picks you on Signing Day. There could still be a lot of things that would make the points more palatable. I think we need more information to make that determination.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #15
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by santeria49
I think we need to hear finer details of how this works before we get up in arms. It could be that, according to your coach's recruiting skill or your relationship with the player or something, you could have a more (or less) accurate view of your point standing with a player. It could be that leading for a prospect in points doesn't guarantee that he picks you on Signing Day. There could still be a lot of things that would make the points more palatable. I think we need more information to make that determination.
This. Or wait for the game to actually come out before pleading for the removal of something none of us has had an opportunity to work with first hand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #16
Rookie

krildog's Arena

OVR: 4

Do not care.
Chicago White Sox
Indiana Hoosiers
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »