Home

Guys, help me out with this.......

This is a discussion on Guys, help me out with this....... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2010, 01:50 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Guys, help me out with this.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
And that's probably because you've played NCAA.

I feel like I'm going in damn circles here. And I have a headache. So, whatever. I'm done.

*Unsubscribes from thread*
He played Madden 10 and he wasn't overly impressed by it so far to him Madden 11 doesn't look all that different from last year that's why he feels like he's able to make the comparison. Also, Madden 11 is almost irrelevant to his point because what he's saying is that even though NCAA 11 and Madden 10 share an engine he's much more impressed with NCAA 11 so he's trying to figure out exactly why that is. Understand?
Old 06-20-2010, 02:08 AM   #18
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Only speaking for me here.
I had skipped NCAA last year after the demo,and went with Madden....but after a couple of months got extremely bored with it.

Now,fast forward to this year,the NCAA demo has me excited for the game,as CB eluded to,it seems you can really tell the difference from last years to this years.
With Maddens franchise remaining largely untouched (my bread and butter),I haven't seen anything in the Madden video's that have screamed "buy me"

So....I look at this way,I would much rather have a game that has a deeper dynasty/franchise mode,and the improvements seem obvious....instead of a game that lacks dynasty/franchise and the gameplay SEEMS relatively the same.

I emphasized "seems",as I obviously haven't played the demo,but in all honesty FOR ME,franchise is that big of a deal,that the gameplay would have to be really stellar for me to even consider Madden this year....and sadly I just don't see it from the numerous videos I have watched.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 06-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #19
Rookie

WKUweather's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
And that's probably because you've played NCAA.

I feel like I'm going in damn circles here. And I have a headache. So, whatever. I'm done.

*Unsubscribes from thread*
Don't worry...you weren't the only one getting a headache from reading this thread.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #20
Rookie

MaSTA SoLIDUS's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't see the problem, his point seems valid.

From what I've seen, NCAA is looking really sharp. It is difficult to say if Madden will be as sharp compared to Madden 10, and I knkow Gus Johnson will help, but for the first time I'm looking forward to NCAA more than Madden, period.

I wanted both last year equally...but right now I'm feeling as if I didn't get Madden I wouldn't be missing much on the football side.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:43 AM   #21
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Only speaking for me here.
I had skipped NCAA last year after the demo,and went with Madden....but after a couple of months got extremely bored with it.

Now,fast forward to this year,the NCAA demo has me excited for the game,as CB eluded to,it seems you can really tell the difference from last years to this years.
With Maddens franchise remaining largely untouched (my bread and butter),I haven't seen anything in the Madden video's that have screamed "buy me"

So....I look at this way,I would much rather have a game that has a deeper dynasty/franchise mode,and the improvements seem obvious....instead of a game that lacks dynasty/franchise and the gameplay SEEMS relatively the same.

I emphasized "seems",as I obviously haven't played the demo,but in all honesty FOR ME,franchise is that big of a deal,that the gameplay would have to be really stellar for me to even consider Madden this year....and sadly I just don't see it from the numerous videos I have watched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSTA SoLIDUS
I don't see the problem, his point seems valid.

From what I've seen, NCAA is looking really sharp. It is difficult to say if Madden will be as sharp compared to Madden 10, and I knkow Gus Johnson will help, but for the first time I'm looking forward to NCAA more than Madden, period.

I wanted both last year equally...but right now I'm feeling as if I didn't get Madden I wouldn't be missing much on the football side.
Both of these apply to me. That's exactly the way that I feel and why I'm more excited for NCAA this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
Please keep this civil. I am just curious as to what you guys think. I have looked at Madden 11 which I am not impressed by (though I will give the demo its fair shot) and I have watched NCAA 11 vids and played the demo. Both games are pretty much very similar, but why am I getting "last gen" nostalgia about NCAA and I am not with Madden? What are the devs of NCAA doing that Madden is not?
Dynasty Mode... Plain and simple.

The Madden team COMPLETELY ignored one of the primary features of their game while the NCAA team continued to show why they have one of the most insanely loyal fan-bases in sports gaming. PERIOD.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Both of these apply to me. That's exactly the way that I feel and why I'm more excited for NCAA this year.
That's will be great! lol
Old 06-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #24
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbonan
That's will be great! lol
huh?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »