Home

No Scrambling Out of Wildcat?

This is a discussion on No Scrambling Out of Wildcat? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2010, 01:27 AM   #25
Rookie

KentuckyJared20's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: No Scrambling Out of Wildcat?

A wildcat package in the game only has one or two legit pass catchers, so why not tell the CPU to put 8/9 people in the box and make the RB/WR/etc. throw the ball down the field? It seems simple enough, hell whenever I would try to put my star QB at punter in order to try a fake, the CPU would come out in a 4-3 not the punt return formation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 03:23 AM   #26
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Honestly I think it all goes back to "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". If someone runs wildcat scramble more than once against you in a game, its time to adjust your play calling. Wait and every time they have the wildcat, just audible and blitz everyone. If they make an adjustment and throw it once, call a zone blitz. Keeping trying to stop it, and if it turns into more of a risk than a reward, they'll go back to calling normal plays.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:27 AM   #27
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck21
Im not saying its a good excuse. As you guys have said, cheesers gonna cheese. I'm just saying that I always assumed you couldn't because EA wasn't catering to cheesers in this scenario. As far as whether its cheesing or you just suck, ask the SEC in 06 when Florida ran the exact same play 99% of the time Tim Tebow was in, yet they couldn't stop it. Lame move by subUrban, or did everyone else just suck at stopping Tim Tebow? I'd say the latter, but if subUrban was a 360 player and he did that in some of the Online leagues out there, he would have been banned. Its a fine line, but I really don't think cheese happens as much as some people act. In alot of peoples minds here, Mike Leach and Paul Johnson would be "cheesers"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorChomp1
I understand the Tebow argument. Like I said earlier though, you can tell your defense to react to an offense in real life much different than you can in the game. Plus Tebow was a threat to throw, unlike most people in the wildcat package in NCAA. Most people in NCAA would call a pass play out of the wildcat, wait for the WR's to run the CBs deep, then take off running, when they had no intent on ever throwing. The only way to combat that is to blitz 8, but that really wont defend it correctly the way it would be defended in real life. Just my thoughts.
I agree its harder to make adjustments on a video game then real life, but it is possible. I don't play with anyone who'd abuse it, so Im all for it because its realistic, but I can also understand your concern. For me its really a matter of if being able to scramble on wildcat plays is worth opening a possible pandoras box. I'd personally try it one year and if the online community completely abuses it, they could either fix it in a patch or fix it the next year. OR it could actually work with minimal cheese. Basically, I'm not lobbying either way. I understand why its how it is, but I think it would make sense to try and add the scrambling because that is more realistic. But then again, most passing plays outside of wildcat are essentially trick plays, so most of the defense will be going for the backs and the receivers should be open. There aren't too many situations I could see a HB actually deciding to scramble on a wildcat play.

Last edited by RamblinWreck21; 06-21-2010 at 03:29 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:39 AM   #28
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Cheesers will always be cheesers.

Handicapping Wildcat so that we can't scramble is a poor game design decision that hurts all the people who play realistically.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #29
Rookie

md0t's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er

Handicapping Wildcat so that we can't scramble is a poor game design decision that hurts all the people who play realistically.
agreed.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #30
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

the way i see if your scrambling with a hb or cb or wr then they should have a very low throwing on the run rating . that should help curtail that. just let the play be what its suppose to be. i don't want superhuman defense , but i just want to feel like the play died cause i made it happen. man look at the nfl the wildcat will be in year three of full use and still going strong and alot of teams still can't stop it. if you play against a goofball who runs it all game long just have to be good on d .
Old 06-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er

in fact, you could even call this in itself cheese on the designers' part :P lol think about it! If it happens in a game, why not IN THE GAME? Sounds like cheese, maybe reverse cheese?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #32
Pro

TheLeviticalLawKid3's Arena

OVR: 6
Can we get anyone from EA to explain this?

Has it been brought up on the EA boards?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »