Home

An Idaho Franchise is the test of a man's man

This is a discussion on An Idaho Franchise is the test of a man's man within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: An Idaho Franchise is the test of a man's man

This is why EA needs to put stadium upgrades in the game. So that when you make them into a better program you can upgrade the stadium.

Rise to Prominence OD League Member
-Duke Blue Devils

Old 07-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #50
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngerParade
I suggest to all of the more seasoned NCAA players out there to try something different this year. Maybe it doesn't need to be your primary dynasty, but take some time and throw the potato state some love (Boise is not a state.) Whether or not the EA rosters reflect it Idaho has a talented offense, a questionable O-Line and a Secondary that makes you cringe. I say that makes for some fun games and challenging recruiting.
hha. I was considering doing an Idaho dynasty. I think given their success last season they shouldn't be that bad in NCAA..but I cba to find the correct link to the NCAA 11 teambuilder to confirm this.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #51
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlyzero
What about Eastern Michigan? Looks like they're the lowest rated team in the game this year and picked 120th in most national rankings.

They are who I'm taking to build up and have a few decent seasons with (maybe even a MAC title) before I take another job offer.
Eastern should be fun to play with. Michigan is a recruiting powerhouse in this game, and State and Central are both 3* schools, making recruiting those local players even more difficult. The only thing that prevents them from being a great challenge is that they play in the MAC, which is usually pretty even each year. You can win conference games even if you're lacking some talent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 11:02 PM   #52
Rookie

Bigman815's Arena

OVR: 5

Idaho? For the first time im gonna try a FAU dynasty...and be serious bout it.
Now DAT is a test of man LOL
Old 07-09-2010, 01:43 AM   #53
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigman815
Idaho? For the first time im gonna try a FAU dynasty...and be serious bout it.
Now DAT is a test of man LOL
Last year they had a pretty good QB who got drafted- Rusty Smith. I used to play with them even online. Fun team.

This year they have a pretty good RB in Alfred Morris.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:42 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngerParade
I suggest to all of the more seasoned NCAA players out there to try something different this year. Maybe it doesn't need to be your primary dynasty, but take some time and throw the potato state some love (Boise is not a state.) Whether or not the EA rosters reflect it Idaho has a talented offense, a questionable O-Line and a Secondary that makes you cringe. I say that makes for some fun games and challenging recruiting.
I'd love to, but the Kibbie Dome is absolutely atrocious. No offense, but I'd get bored real quick. Maybe it's just me but stadiums are a big sell for me and keep me interested; doing U of I dynasty would have zero staying power with me.

This is why EA needs to have a stadium creator or some type of renovation tool in their games. I could take Idaho to the promised land over multiple seasons and win National Titles but I'd still be playing in the Kibbie Dome with 7,000 fans at the game.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:45 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
I actually like there stadium. It's different. Not every team can say they have a dome stadium. But anyway, I plan on making up a detailed list of "Small" teams to use in this year's game and Idaho will be on there. They have a pretty good offense: NFL caliber QB, speedy RB's, good receivers. Question mark is the defense.
Agreed to a point, but it just makes it hard when you could turn Idaho into an elite FBS team but you're still having to play in a 7,000 capacity seat stadium.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 03:50 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
Agreed to a point, but it just makes it hard when you could turn Idaho into an elite FBS team but you're still having to play in a 7,000 capacity seat stadium.
I think your thinking of Idaho State, they have 7,000. Idaho is more like 16,000 capacity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »