Home

Pre-season all americans

This is a discussion on Pre-season all americans within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 03:53 AM   #1
Rookie

VincentGrier15's Arena

OVR: 3
Pre-season all americans

Is it me or is 7 defensive players for Bama a little high for 1st team pre-season all-americans and 1 more on 2nd team. As you can imagine there are 9 Bama Defensive All-Sec 1st team and 2 2nd team lol maybe its just me but that might be overkill. I follow NCAA pretty closely so if any Bama fans have input as to why this would be, please educate me on this world class D. Im not ripping Bama's D but it seems overkill for that many AA

Edit: are the pre-season AA predetermined on NCAA or based on ratings?

Last edited by VincentGrier15; 07-13-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 03:56 AM   #2
Rookie

Garam05's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Pre-season all americans

We just won the national championship. EA always gives the previous year's national champion extraordinarily inflated ratings. However, I'm sure there will be people adjusting the ratings pretty soon, so it won't be that bad for much longer. I know that I am taking them down a lot as soon as the rosters for 360 are released.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:01 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentGrier15
Is it me or is 7 defensive players for Bama a little high for 1st team pre-season all-americans and 1 more on 2nd team. As you can imagine there are 9 Bama Defensive All-Sec 1st team and 2 2nd team lol maybe its just me but that might be overkill. I follow NCAA pretty closely so if any Bama fans have input as to why this would be, please educate me on this world class D.
It's widely known and accepted that EA heavily overrated Alabama this year. That's their gift to the national champs though, but as the other guy said, ratings will be adjusted... Just give it time.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:01 AM   #4
Rookie

VincentGrier15's Arena

yea I guess I just find it odd that there would be that many considering you guys return 2? def starters not that those guys steppin in arent going to be great but are unproven. Really if anybody should have a bunch of guys AA on D it should be UNC
Old 07-13-2010, 04:04 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentGrier15
yea I guess I just find it odd that there would be that many considering you guys return 2? def starters not that those guys steppin in arent going to be great but are unproven. Really if anybody should have a bunch of guys AA on D it should be UNC
Our guys aren't really unproven with the exception of the secondary.
Los Angeles Lakers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 04:13 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrichard
Our guys aren't really unproven with the exception of the secondary.
Not unproven but the ratings are a bit too high. I understand that EA rewards the previous year's national champs, but they went in overdrive with Bama...
Old 07-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #7
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

im just gonna edit the ratings a little which should take them out of the all the preseason awards
Old 07-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #8
Rookie

youngdro_NT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
im just gonna edit the ratings a little which should take them out of the all the preseason awards
if it's like years past taking the ratings down isn't going to change who is / isn't AA ... i think they are coded in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »