Home

Michigan/Nebraska game footage

This is a discussion on Michigan/Nebraska game footage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #33
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Michigan/Nebraska game footage

I'm sure there will be some slider adjustments needed as usual, but the CPU's run difficulties in this game were not a failure of the game play mechanics per se, it was partly personnel, User scheme, and lack of top level adaptable A.I.

The Michigan DL has a decent advantage over the NU OL(Not sure if that's how it will be in real life, but I digress)

91 Ovr RE, 87 Ovr DT, 90 Ovr. DT, 86 OvR LE

vs

85 Ovr LT, 86 Ovr LG, 84 Ovr, C, 81 Ovr RG, 83 Ovr RT

The User kept bringing LB's on blitzes and crashing the Line with a safety as well(Ignoring the designed responsibilities of those players quite often)

The flaw is in the CPU's inability to recognize the Users tendency to freelance, and not audibling to pass plays to take advantage of the one on one coverage, the gaps in the zones due to the Users undisciplined play and habit of keeping 8 and 9 players in the box.

If the CPU will force the Users play assignment football, then there won't be 8 in the box every play.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #34
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm sure there will be some slider adjustments needed as usual, but the CPU's run difficulties in this game were not a failure of the game play mechanics per se, it was partly personnel, User scheme, and lack of top level adaptable A.I.

The Michigan DL has a decent advantage over the NU OL(Not sure if that's how it will be in real life, but I digress)

91 Ovr RE, 87 Ovr DT, 90 Ovr. DT, 86 OvR LE

vs

85 Ovr LT, 86 Ovr LG, 84 Ovr, C, 81 Ovr RG, 83 Ovr RT

The User kept bringing LB's on blitzes and crashing the Line with a safety as well(Ignoring the designed responsibilities of those players quite often)

The flaw is in the CPU's inability to recognize the Users tendency to freelance, and not audibling to pass plays to take advantage of the one on one coverage, the gaps in the zones due to the Users undisciplined play and habit of keeping 8 and 9 players in the box.

If the CPU will force the Users play assignment football, then there won't be 8 in the box every play.
This is a great post and I agree One-Hundred-Percent. I don't want to call the user cheesy, but I do think it sucks that the CPU didn't punish him for playing like that with the safety.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

i dont know if the user changed the defense (which i doubt) but michigan moved to a 3-3-5 D. Apparently EA didnt do their homework... O well easy change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1981
For those who were saying cpu logic was flawed, I believe this was a human vs. human game.
It's a human vs cpu game, the CPU is controlling Nebraska.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »