Home

Stopping Cheesers and No Huddle

This is a discussion on Stopping Cheesers and No Huddle within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Stopping Cheesers and No Huddle

Well I had another online experience ruined today when all the guy did was run the no huddle the whole game. If anybody has a way to stop that b.s. I would like to know...

Other than that what I noticed is that when they run the no huddle non stop the running backs get tired so there were a couple drives in a row where I stopped his cheesing by constantly pressing the strip button when he was running the no huddle. That helped against the no huddle run plays.

What stopped the no huddle pass plays pretty consistently was "Velcro", which is inside the Nickel Normal formation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Stopping Cheesers and No Huddle

I don't mean to bust your balls. How is running the no huddle cheese?
Old 07-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 20

Teams run the no-huddle as their standard package in real live games. Even high school teams do this now. Welcome to 2010.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:32 AM   #4
Rookie

kingoftroy59's Arena

The only issue I face when going up against the no huddle online is that if the game is experiencing moderate lag, it can be extremely difficult to navigate the playcalling screen and choose the defense you want in such a short amount of time (especially if the opponent is just running the same play over and over again because he caught you in an easy to exploit front, which lowers the playcalling time significantly).

It isn't cheese, it can just be inconvenient if there's noticeable lag.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:13 AM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

First off, as has already been stated, all-game no huddle is a staple of many NCAA teams now, so it's not cheese. Either that or the CPU has been cheesing the hell out of me everytime I play against a spread team.

Secondly, reading your post, it looks like you've solved your own problem.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 01:26 AM   #6
Rookie

Just make sure you don't make a mistake of coming out on defense with an unfavorable match up. For example, if I came out in 5 wide and saw you were in a standard 3-4, I would no huddle to keep the personal mismatches.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

If someone is running a quick pace counter it with a quarter and a half drive of your own. Get a Nickle or Dime defense out there and keep them in front of you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »