Home

Program Ratings - How do they change?

This is a discussion on Program Ratings - How do they change? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Program Ratings - How do they change?

Couple of questions on dynasty mode and your program ratings. If you are listed as a C in every category, can these change year to year? If so, how? I'm contemplating starting with a "D" rating in every category, but if they don't have a chance to improve, I'll have to re-think it.

Academic Prestige
Campus Lifestyle
Coach Experience
Coach Prestige
Championship Contender
Athletic Facilities
Fan Base
Pro Potential
Program Stability
Program Tradition
Television Exposure

Also, Teambuilder question. How does it select your pipeline states and your rival(s)?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Program Ratings - How do they change?

all affected by winning
Old 07-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Couple of questions on dynasty mode and your program ratings. If you are listed as a C in every category, can these change year to year? If so, how? I'm contemplating starting with a "D" rating in every category, but if they don't have a chance to improve, I'll have to re-think it.

Academic Prestige
Campus Lifestyle
Coach Experience
Coach Prestige
Championship Contender
Athletic Facilities
Fan Base
Pro Potential
Program Stability
Program Tradition
Television Exposure

Also, Teambuilder question. How does it select your pipeline states and your rival(s)?
Some say it's random, but i've always seen academic prestige improve by not having players leave early (stay in school)

no idea how campus lifestyle improves, i think it's just by winning

TV exposure you can affect by playing in big games (against highly ranked teams, less cupcakes) - you basically want to have more national TV games than regional, so playing #1 Alabama is more likely to get you on national TV than say FCS West

Program Stability, sign the contract extensions

everything else is gained by winning, which is how scrub teams become so dominant in CUSA, WAC, SBC, MAC, MWC
Old 07-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Thanks for the input. Any explanations on how Teambuilder pipeline states and rivals are chosen?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Thanks for the input. Any explanations on how Teambuilder pipeline states and rivals are chosen?
For pipelines, it depends on where the players in your roster are from. It's all sort of random. TB randomly assigns player locations for your players when it becomes, and you might be able to edit that to make them more localized to a certain place. The drawback is, if you're realistically making a small program, and you reorder the rosters so that players are all from a small region... say the North East, when you bounce that team into Dynasty mode, your pipeline will be a couple NE states which have very little talent in them relative to the big football states in the South.

For rivals, you take the rival of whatever team you replace in Dynasty, which is too bad. I'm hoping for next years TB you can set your own rivals. So, if you replace... say... Notre Dame, then BC will be one of your rivals. BUt, then, if you replace BC with a create a team, then those two teams will be rivals as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

Academic Prestige- Doesn't change, set based on your school
Campus Lifestyle- Same as above
Coach Experience- Unsure, I've had 2 14-0 seasons with wins in the Orange and Sugar Bowls with no change.
Coach Prestige- Unsure
Championship Contender- Win, get ranked. Finish seasons ranked in the top 25, win bowl games.
Athletic Facilities- Win, they get better each winning season you have.
Fan Base- Win, but limited by your stadium size.
Pro Potential- Have players drafted in the NFL.
Program Stability- Don't change coaches. Increases every year you're at a school.
Program Tradition- Win.
Television Exposure- Win, your exposure will increase as your school's Prestige rises. Helps to be in a good conference.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
For pipelines, it depends on where the players in your roster are from. It's all sort of random. TB randomly assigns player locations for your players when it becomes, and you might be able to edit that to make them more localized to a certain place. The drawback is, if you're realistically making a small program, and you reorder the rosters so that players are all from a small region... say the North East, when you bounce that team into Dynasty mode, your pipeline will be a couple NE states which have very little talent in them relative to the big football states in the South.
This is incorrect.

First, as far as I know, you can not edit the player locations. Second, teambuilder doesn't randomly assign player locations. It uses set player locations based on the roster you use. For example, if you use Texas's roster, almost all of their players are from Texas, and therefore your only pipeline state will be Texas, which is exactly the one state that Texas has.

If you're looking for specific pipeline states, just find the school with the pipeline states you want. You can edit the players skills to make your team builder team as good or bad as you want. You can also change their age, number, and how they look. You can't change their position, but you can give them the skills needed in another position and then in the offseason change their position (and put them in that position on the depth chart until then).
Old 07-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #8
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

Academic Prestige can change. I don't know what it's based on, though. With Middle Tennessee State, I went from a C+ one season to a D+ the next.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »