Home

Limited number of formation subs?

This is a discussion on Limited number of formation subs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Limited number of formation subs?

After setting my formation subs the game said I had reached my maximum of 50. I removed some of my defensive subs (most of mine are there) and it still says the same thing when I try and make substitutions on offense. Does anyone know what this maximum refers to and how to change subs after you reach it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 11:43 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Limited number of formation subs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman
After setting my formation subs the game said I had reached my maximum of 50. I removed some of my defensive subs (most of mine are there) and it still says the same thing when I try and make substitutions on offense. Does anyone know what this maximum refers to and how to change subs after you reach it?
Unfortunately, once you make the change, the only option you really have is to reset all formation subs.

Yes, it is stupid. I have had to redo my formation subs about 10 times because I wanted to make changes to an existing sub.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHusker25
Unfortunately, once you make the change, the only option you really have is to reset all formation subs.

Yes, it is stupid. I have had to redo my formation subs about 10 times because I wanted to make changes to an existing sub.
I was afraid of this. The worst part is I hadn't really gotten to the offensive packages yet where I would sub in certain WR's for screens/end-arounds, 3rd string HB's for some carries, etc.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHusker25

How do you re-set your formation subs? I am in my 2nd season and I thought it would re-set itself but it didn't.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noles4ever
How do you re-set your formation subs? I am in my 2nd season and I thought it would re-set itself but it didn't.
When you go into set formation subs it says on the bottom what button to push to reset subs. I think it's L1 or R1 for the PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Anyone else not finding "Ace Slot" in the Formation Subs menu?
Old 08-20-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
Rookie

So what's happening is once you make a substitution then it counts as 1 substitution, no matter what. If you sub out your #1 HB for your #2 HB it counts as one, even if you put your #1 back in or decide instead that you want your #3 HB in.

This is why TXHusker mentioned that you will have to reset after awhile because the game doesn't credit you for returning starters to the formation.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Another thing to remember about formation subs is that they're binding until you change or reset them. Because of this, you'll want to be careful about putting starters in formation subs (IE. moving your QB to take snaps in the wildcat or moving your #1 WR to the slot). If you're blowing out your opponent and use mass subs so as to not risk injury to a starter, formation subs doesn't care. If I have my #1 WR formation subbed in a formation, he'll come in if I call the formation, mass subs or not.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »