Home

Purdue vs Indiana

This is a discussion on Purdue vs Indiana within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 AM   #1
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
The Official "Awesome Game" Thread

Okay, the last time I played this game for the rivalry trophy, I played it on NCAA 09 (on varsity), and it went into overtime. It was a nail biter.

I just got done playing it on NCAA 11 (on all-american), and it was a damn nail biter again!

I was Purdue. I ended up winning 24-17. They had the ball with not much time left off of an INT that I threw...yeah, should have ran the clock out. Probably trying to run up the score since the season showdown thing isn't working because of EA's servers...

They are in my red zone, and have to do a hurry up offense, spiking the ball as well, because they burned all their time outs.

3rd and goal, their QB fires it toward the endzone, and his receiver catches it. But my defender nails the guy in the back, and tackles him on the one. The catch was SO CLOSE to being in the endzone. I checked later on the instant replay to see if the ball crossed the plain, and it didn't, but it was close.

So they hurry up to the line. It's 4th down now because they didn't get into the endzone. I'm about to call a timeout so my defense can be ready, but I hesitate. Then, the whistle blows...game over!

Very close game. Indiana looked incredible. And there was a period of time where their QB was Dan Marino and could complete any pass, whether he was getting smashed in the face, or whatever.

Still, a really fun game, and sadly, it wasn't ranked as one of my ESPN Instant Classics.

When the EA servers are back up, I'll post some pics of the game.

Last edited by WWF80sKid; 08-18-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
Rookie

Rickeysue's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Purdue vs Indiana

I graduated from IU. Sadly, the only way we win that game or most games for that matter, is in this video game. It sucks perennially being the doormat of the Big Ten.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Indiana is still in the Big Ten?
Old 08-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I just played this matchup last night in my Indiana dynasty. I won in OT 38-31. Purdue had a 24-3 lead at halftime but didn't do much the 2nd half. With 4 seconds left I threw up a hail mary and caught it in the end zone to tie the game and send it in to overtime.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

For some reason, everytime I play this game, it's exciting. I'll have to make sure to watch it this year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 01:35 PM   #6
Pro

blLLD0's Arena

OVR: 10

Ya, but for some reason the actual game is never that way unless IU upsets. Purdue has won 11 of the last 13 but the only exciting game was 2007 when IU hit a 49 yard FG with 30 seconds to win.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Purdue >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IU

that is all

game is best when it's @ IU though. Purdue brings the better team, IU has more fun campus.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #8
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

Here are two pics from the game.

A 23-yard touchdown pass to K. Smith.

And here is the play where I stopped them right on the goal line, and the game ended while they were scrambling back to the line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »