Home

Your Top 4 playbooks

This is a discussion on Your Top 4 playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #1
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9
Icon14 Your Top 4 playbooks

Well since football season is coming to a end and we all still play NCAA. I want to know what is your top 4 playbooks to use in OD, online ranked, and offline games/dynasties. I have went out and set audibles to 2 out of 4 on my list. I have admit hat going to a all out passing offense from a ground wishbone game. I think god I did. I see now why this offense is so fun to watch live and play on NCAA!!!!

Here are mine: In order from baby steps to off and running!

1. Houston - Fast pace offense, this playbooks fits any team with speed. Ace Big to add some flare.

2. LA Tech - Same as Houston's formation wise but, all shotgun.

3. SMU - Run and Shoot that all I have to say (still learning this offense, very fun)

4. Texas Tech - Finally "graduated" to this book. Loving it, You can run the same plays out of many formations and work many different schemes into it Just wish people would talk about this one more in the forums.

What are yours?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Your Top 4 playbooks

I only have 3 but they are:

1. Oregon, I love the fast paced running game and how their are so many options on every play.

2. GT, I have only used this twice but the option is just awesome when it is ran right.

3. Pro, I do not know if this is what it is actually called but when I am in the mood I like to just use a power back like Wisc, or even Iowa and just use the power running game and then the PA.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

SMU - The Run and Shoot playbook for me and probably the backbone of my success. I easily get 450 passing yards on even good teams. Draws are at the heart of my ground game. Bubble screens also act as a running game.

Arizona - A pro style/Air Raid combo. Use the traditional Air Raid staple plays to get a lead then grind out the clock out of singleback and I formations.

Wisconsin - I really love the two TE sets. The zone running plays just come so natural for me. The passing plays aren't entirely gimped either. It's definitely an offense built around the TEs and RBs.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I only have one, Michigan State. My passing is pretty weak and I always have so I pretty much stick to the most run heavy playbook in any football game.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Tulane. Perhaps the most balanced playbook.

I'm capable of running the ball 65% of the time out of this playbook and having a successful offense. I'm also capable of passing 75% of the time and having a successful offense. The playbook allows me to run the plays that my personnel in and the situation calls for, and can be played with almost any set of personnel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Miss St.- closest thing to the real spread option offense

Syracuse- best pro style playbook. balanced.

Air Force- Option offense based out of the i-form, flexbone, shotgun, maryland i.

Texas Tech- Best air raid playbook i've played with.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

All offline dynasty:

1) SMU (run and shoot)

2) OK State (air raid)

3) Nevada (pistol)

4) FSU (multiple)

I'm also really having fun with 4-2-5 on D and will be trying 3-3-5 Stack soon...
Old 10-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

As a spread-only guy:

1. Mississippi State
2. Oregon
3. Louisville/UL-Monroe
4. Tulsa/Auburn
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »