Home

Help me pick a small school..

This is a discussion on Help me pick a small school.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Help me pick a small school..

Western Kentucky
Old 08-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #10
Rookie

MajaFiggaz's Arena

OVR: 2

There was another thread like this where a bunch of people said UAB is a great program to build. Powerhouse pipeline Florida is a border stand and Texas is also close by allowing you to shoot for the achievment involving those two states and California. Also UAB plays in a huge stadium, so when you become a powerhouse and start filling it up, you can turn it into one of the top places to play.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:15 PM   #11
From The Ashes

xOLDBHOYx's Arena

OVR: 13

Arkansas State hands down.....in my second year and loving it....u start with a good fresh rb in Frankie Jackson and have alot of other good pieces in place....good pipeline states....and really cool unis in my opinion...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah I just lose interest n a team after a year or two. I wanna pick a team that I can have fun building bcs or non bcs.doesn't matter. But I would like good unis n stadium to make team n2 powerhouse. N the next bcs buster or a bottom team to the top of conf.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:16 PM   #13
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah, I was going to suggest (like many have) that you choose a school in a state like Florida/Texas/California.

FIU has TY Hilton at WR who is dyno-mite!
Houston has Case Keenum
SMU has Aldrick Robinson (I believe that's his name) at WR, and Padron is a promising QB
UTEP has Buckram at RB, and Vittatoe is decent
SDSU has Ryan Lindley and a plethora of good receivers
Fresno has a promising young QB and some good WRs as well.
Rice has........Sam McGuffie? I guess...
UCF has a variety of offensive weapons, especially some talent at RB

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 08-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #14
Rookie

cmurr's Arena

OVR: 5

I just completed my first season as FIU.. Was 9-3. Solid ground game and like it was said above, WR Ty Hilton was awesome.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #15
Rookie

Shade Shadows's Arena

OVR: 3

You know, I would really love to pick a Sun Belt school and build them up, but it really bothers me that you can't upgrade your stadium, and if you eventually make it to the SEC, do you really think you would still have a 20,000 seat stadium? That's why I'm restricted to choosing schools that have large stadiums to start with. Tulane and San Diego State play in pro stadiums, so that takes care of them. Rice has a 70,000 seat stadium. However, these teams are on the other end of the spectrum. How in the world do you figure these stadiums would be full during your first season when teams like Rice currently average around 13,000 fans?

These things just really bother me to the point where I can't play as these teams. I ended up settling on UCF, since their stadium is in the mid 40,000 range for capacity. They average in the high 30,000s currently, so seeing a full stadium doesn't bother me as much, and they would definitely have a large enough stadium to be decent BCS team when you get them there eventually.

Gah, the problems that would be solved with a stadium editor at some point throughout your dynasty.
NBA: Boston Celtics
MLB: SF Giants
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #16
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

I'll second that SS: we need a system that sees fan base ebb-flow with the program. ESPECIALLY for the non-BCS schools! Keep Tennessee and LSU selling out even if they go 1-11...they prolly would. But let the Arkansas States & San Jose States of the world get some visible changes to building up a program.

And lets not get me into the stadium upgrades...ARRRRrrrgggh, this is MASSIVELY needed. If not an editor at LEAST a varied script or sumthing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »