Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Live Tuning Pack 4

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: Live Tuning Pack 4 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #65
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: Live Tuning Pack 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
God I want to play my NCAA so bad!! Especially that college football is in full swing. But I cant, this games dynasty mode is just so brutally bad.

-CPU recruiting
-Pass Defense
-Conference Scheduling
-Stale progression which leads to the same schools always being at the top.
-Weird attribute ratings. High speeds and low accels.

Those things are just so bad and in need of a major overhaul, especially recruiting and how progression works.

Its nice to see them releasing tuning packages often, but they need to fix the glaring issues with their tuner packages.
That's exactly why this game has been a 'Play Now' only disc ever since I bought it. I love the improved gameplay but this game is not worth 60 bucks only to play exhibition games.

What baffles me is that it seems weight and size has basically no bearing on what positions some of the players in the game are capable of playing. I'm almost certain that in the past (PS2 days) when the Ath/Position change options were made available later in the series a player's weight was always taken into consideration by the CPU logic when pos changes were made. A 215 pound safety would take an automatic overall penalty when his pos was changed to say an OL or DL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #66
Pro

bamabound2010's Arena

OVR: 3

Also alittle thing i noticed do the jerseys get dirty anymore? i played until halftime it wasnt raining but auburns all white unis didnt get dirty whats the deal??

Alabama Crimson Tide
Chicago Cubs
Atlanta Braves
New Orleans Saints
Memphis Grizzles
Old 09-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
That's exactly why this game has been a 'Play Now' only disc ever since I bought it. I love the improved gameplay but this game is not worth 60 bucks only to play exhibition games.

What baffles me is that it seems weight and size has basically no bearing on what positions some of the players in the game are capable of playing. I'm almost certain that in the past (PS2 days) when the Ath/Position change options were made available later in the series a player's weight was always taken into consideration by the CPU logic when pos changes were made. A 215 pound safety would take an automatic overall penalty when his pos was changed to say an OL or DL.
I remember heavily recruiting athletes on ps2 and having them wind up at positions that just didn't match up with their size. Like I'd have a freshman athlete 5'11 180 lbs starting at defensive end with a 91 rating. Or a 6'5 250 lb guy who ended up at SS.

My favorites were the 6'6 325 lb athletes that checked in as 99 OVR right away at fullback, since the position is so heavily tied in with blocking. I also remember you could search OTs for speed when recruiting them, and find a few guys you could change to fullback or tight end and just flat out dominate. Having those giant beasts at TE who could block and still have good hands with average speed was unstoppable.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #68
Rookie

kmaxhokie's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabound2010
Also alittle thing i noticed do the jerseys get dirty anymore? i played until halftime it wasnt raining but auburns all white unis didnt get dirty whats the deal??
I just played a game with Virginia Tech when it wasnt raining and there was definitely dirty uniforms still.

BOATSNHOOOOOES
#14 Virginia Tech (10-3)
Year 1 - Champs Sports Bowl Champs
#10 Virginia Tech (11-2) Year 2 - Chick-fil-A Bowl Champs
Old 09-20-2010, 11:09 PM   #69
Pro

bamabound2010's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaxhokie
I just played a game with Virginia Tech when it wasnt raining and there was definitely dirty uniforms still.

alright thanks man jw

Alabama Crimson Tide
Chicago Cubs
Atlanta Braves
New Orleans Saints
Memphis Grizzles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »