Home

After NCAA 11....

This is a discussion on After NCAA 11.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
After NCAA 11....

And the use of this locomotion crud, do yall think the NCAAF Dev team will put in Real Time Physics as NHL 11 did (Which by the way killed Locomotion)? Im just sick of the same animations. I just want to see it in NCAA Football 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: After NCAA 11....

that would be awesome...I hate having my RB start an animation and then either get pushed back or forward because of a scripted animation.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by playguitar90
that would be awesome...I hate having my RB start an animation and then either get pushed back or forward because of a scripted animation.
The animation is based on stats though. If you have a good power runner against a weaker tackler he'll probably fall forward. A weaker runner will get pushed back. Still a full physics engine would be awesome.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:43 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

The animations this year IMO is are pretty cool....i've modified the body type of bigger RB's and WR's and there is a nice sense of weight and momentum to the players now.

Previously all skill players regardless of size and weight were too skinny and fast so the game doesn't recognize the momentum very much

Tone town the agility ratings and increase player strength for bigger backs and you'll see some cool extra animations hidden in the game.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 01-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
The animations this year IMO is are pretty cool....i've modified the body type of bigger RB's and WR's and there is a nice sense of weight and momentum to the players now.

Previously all skill players regardless of size and weight were too skinny and fast so the game doesn't recognize the momentum very much

Tone town the agility ratings and increase player strength for bigger backs and you'll see some cool extra animations hidden in the game.
Sounds Time Consuming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Sounds Time Consuming.
Pretty much. I don't want to have to do something EA should be doing before the game comes out. If they don't even know how to use all their animations through ratings, I don't want to be the one that has to figure it out.

We should see big RBs acting out like big RBs out of the box, not after a roster project that comes out at the end of a season.

― Plato
Old 01-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I looked at the generated weights of recruits (thanks to the dynasty mod guys here) and there is 0% correlation between the weight of the recruit and their abilities. This is true for all positions.

For example, a RB is normally in the 175 to 225 pound range (or something like that, don't have my numbers in front of me) but when that recruit is generated by EA the ratings and weight are completely random. The new recruit could be a power back with great strength and trucking but only weigh 180 pounds. You could have a player with scat back ratings and plays like a scat back but weigh 230 pounds. Weight is 100% irrelevant in the game. Ratings are everything but they could at least tie the weight to the generated ratings. If they create a power back adjust the minimum to 200 lbs. If they create a lighting fast back with super moves limit them to 205 or less. This is true for all positions. Run blocking guards could be 260 and nimble pass protectors 360. Makes no sense.

I'd love to see a true physics engine but if they can't do that then at least generate the weights of the players based on the type of player they produce.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »