Home

You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play

This is a discussion on You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play

Great findings and observations!! Will you upload your rosters or who's do you use?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

The game needs sliders for every attribute, like nba 2k series. Would make it so much easier to get great gameplay
Old 01-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 3

100% agree with this 'Skillz. I've been messing with these since his last thread.
It would be nice if EA identified exactly what the sliders affected. For example: BC Vision is a piece of the RB Ability slider, and is huge for decision making by any ball carrier, not just the RB.

I also found by lowering the CPU Rush Defense slider you will see an effect on Play Recognition. The DE's will bite more on the Read Option plays and not just spy the QB. I have it set to 40 and still get a good balance on these reads.

Also dropped Pass Rush to counter the Play Action sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 10:41 PM   #12
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
100% agree with this 'Skillz. I've been messing with these since his last thread.
It would be nice if EA identified exactly what the sliders affected. For example: BC Vision is a piece of the RB Ability slider, and is huge for decision making by any ball carrier, not just the RB.

I also found by lowering the CPU Rush Defense slider you will see an effect on Play Recognition. The DE's will bite more on the Read Option plays and not just spy the QB. I have it set to 40 and still get a good balance on these reads.

Also dropped Pass Rush to counter the Play Action sacks.
I'm a CPU/CPU and Coach Mode player and eventually determined that the Run Defense slider had to be below 10 for the option to open up. The PRC rating can be lowered on original rosters, but in dynasty that doesn't help much.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #13
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Ok here are some observations I discovered:

RB Ability Slider - This slider is a little misleading because not only does it effect the RB, it effects the whole offensive side of the ball. Plus it seems to be tied into the awareness factor for the whole offense from the QB down to the lineman.

QBs, WRS and RBs are more aware of their surroundings

Put this slider at 80 for the CPU. When it is at 80 it makes the cpu players use their whole arsenal of ratings. However when at 80 it DOES NOT make players super human. The player ratings itself dictate how well a player does a move or if they will even do a move at all.

Which mean if you put a RB Break tackle attribute at 50 or below, he won't break a tackle. By default rosters, way too many RBs in the game have BTK in the mid to high 80s. That is unrealistic, the NCAA is not full of Brandon Jacobs.

Instead put RBs BTK attribute in the low 70s and leave the low 80s for big FBs and RBs that weigh 230 pounds or more. Even at 70, RB can break 1 or 2 tackles, but that is it, which is REALISTIC. You shouldn't see 189 pound speed backs breaking 4 or more tackles every time he runs the ball, just bowling over people. Same thing goes for trucking, lower it down to the 70s unless their a back that weigh over 220 then put it at low 80s.

This brings me to another thing, leave high agility and high elusiveness to RBs that weigh below 200 pounds. Big bruisers shouldn't have high agility or elusiveness. So if they are a power back, drop their speed to 82 or 84, agility, juke and elusiveness down to the 50s.

By default rosters, way too many RBs, WRs and CBs got 90 or higher speed, regardless of their running style or how much they weigh. In reality there isn't many that fast players in the NCAA anyway. NCAA isn't full of Usian Bolts. So adjust everybody speed.
Can you do a lot of us here a favor and please post your COMPLETE slider set so I can see what your talking about. I do mu own roster overhaul which is like what your saying. I just have a PS3 so I would like to use your set. I currently use silentnatures sliders.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:08 AM   #14
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Human/CPU

QB ACC 50/10
Pass block 45/25
WR Catch 50/50
RBA 50/80
Run block 50/100
Pass Coverage 50/50
Pass Rush 85/50
Interception 10/10
Run Defense 40/65
Tackling 25/40

Some things to keep in mind:

1. I don't use default rosters, I use edited rosters. However for the dynasty users, you will still see a pretty good improvement of how the CPU move around the field.

2. QB ACC for the human is user preference. I can play with it at 5 or 10, however I am a lead passer type of passer. And for the 360 controllers anyway, it is a lot easier to lead pass at 50 then it is at 10 or 5. For those who don't know, the sensitivity level isn't the same for 360 controllers like it is for PS3 controllers.

3. I play on Varsity because for me when editng rosters and sliders one can easily notice the changes on the field on that level.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:30 AM   #15
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I'm a CPU/CPU and Coach Mode player and eventually determined that the Run Defense slider had to be below 10 for the option to open up. The PRC rating can be lowered on original rosters, but in dynasty that doesn't help much.
As a coach moder (which I'm not), does watching the CPU QB always drift to the right in the pocket just drive you crazy? You see it twice as much as the guy who controls one team, it must get old.

I can't stand it. It was in one of the videos from the OP too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 01:49 AM   #16
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Human/CPU

QB ACC 50/10
Pass block 45/25
WR Catch 50/50
RBA 50/80
Run block 50/100
Pass Coverage 50/50
Pass Rush 85/50
Interception 10/10
Run Defense 40/65
Tackling 25/40

Some things to keep in mind:

1. I don't use default rosters, I use edited rosters. However for the dynasty users, you will still see a pretty good improvement of how the CPU move around the field.

2. QB ACC for the human is user preference. I can play with it at 5 or 10, however I am a lead passer type of passer. And for the 360 controllers anyway, it is a lot easier to lead pass at 50 then it is at 10 or 5. For those who don't know, the sensitivity level isn't the same for 360 controllers like it is for PS3 controllers.

3. I play on Varsity because for me when editng rosters and sliders one can easily notice the changes on the field on that level.
I edit my own rosters as well and I agree...the roster guy for EA NCAA football needs to either PM us or just quit all together. I get the same reults as you concerning good CPU gameplay. I work with wookie48 getting the rosters just right. Like right now I am watching the rematch of the little cesears bowl between FIU and toledo (cpuvs cpu) and its aweosme to watch the gameplay unfolding as a result of the rosters and sliders I use. Great game thus far as it was in real life. Ty hilton is pretty good. The only thing that irks me is no matter how you edit the rosters...the punt return game is broken. I tried editing blocking for the DB's on the outside and everything. Nothing works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »