Home

Dynasty Question

This is a discussion on Dynasty Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
Rookie

kevinmerida's Arena

OVR: 4
Dynasty Question

I havent played this game since probably September because I was a few years in and noticed that every teams seemed to be getting worse because there werent any good recruits, My question is was this ever patched? I thought about starting to play it again but if this isnt fixed then I'll probably just wait until next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Dynasty Question

Yeah it's fixed.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

It is fixed in that the teams don't drop off as far as what you saw. There is a drop off due to the recruits are not rated as high as the original roster file. The tuner files helped with this but year 6 will not look like year 1. I'm 7 years in with Nebraska and only Texas and Oklahoma are still close to what they were. I have went from an A overall to a B- overall. I have won 3 Big-12 titles and played in 5 title games. I have won 3 BCS bowls and have a 6-0 bowl record. I still can't pull in the players a few schools like Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida, USC, and Ohio State pulls in. I have seen a decrease across the board but not as far as it was. The 4 tuners really helped but the patches really hurt the game play.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

I really don't like that it turns out this way. I miss the days of the rosters looking the same 10 years down the road as they did at the beginning. After all, shouldn't the best player be a 99? Aren't there usually several good college players? Yes. I cant stand that I am a top 10 team with B- ratings across the board, yet I am as high rated as anyone. The best teams in college football should be rated A's, but outside of Alabama, there really isn't one. This just creates a huge discrepancy in the polls and in the games. Just my opinion though and for whatever reason, it seems as though many people on this board like it better this way. It just makes no sense to me how it is better.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

This game does not support the lower rated players very well. I own the Big-12 North. I have adjusted my sliders, started out with Playmakers set, each season. The only time I get a challenge is when I play Texas or Oklahoma. Bama has won or played for the National Championship the past 5 season. They have player Florida every year (7) for the SEC. Ohio State has won the Big-10 all 7 seasons. USC had a bad 1st season but has owned the Pac-10 the past 6. While these schools have stayed close to the same all the others have fallen off. The second highest rated school in the Big-12 North is Mizzu at a C overall. All the other schools are C- to D's. I am official done with NCAA 11.

While I don't want to see true freshmen starting at 85ovr+, I don't mind seeing them end up in the high 90's. When you see guys that run a 4.37 40 time but have C's in acc and agl as the #1 WR or RB I throw my hands up. I don't mind a few duds in the class but when the best players as far as ratings goes are the 7th RB or 12th WR. But when you compare them to the original roster they are not close to being good. I know the original rosters are rated a little high but the game players different with them. I played Georgia Tech as a non-conference game in years 2 & 7. In year 2 they were a B+ overall and gave me a game. In year 7 they are now a C- overall and I waxed them. They had 67yds of total offense. I'm 7-2 with loses to Ohio St. (A overall) and Notre Dame (B overall). You should not have to keep editing your sliders almost every game because the spread of teams is so great.

This is why we need the ability to full edit players inside the dynasty mode so the ones that like the lower rated players can get those players. Then the ones that like players that match FBS type players can. I don;t know how many players I have seen that are 5'10" WR with 79spd, 74acc, 81agl. That kid could make a high school team but no way he plays FBS football. That is rating taken from the #1 WR for Iowa State.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #6
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
This game does not support the lower rated players very well. I own the Big-12 North. I have adjusted my sliders, started out with Playmakers set, each season. The only time I get a challenge is when I play Texas or Oklahoma. Bama has won or played for the National Championship the past 5 season. They have player Florida every year (7) for the SEC. Ohio State has won the Big-10 all 7 seasons. USC had a bad 1st season but has owned the Pac-10 the past 6. While these schools have stayed close to the same all the others have fallen off. The second highest rated school in the Big-12 North is Mizzu at a C overall. All the other schools are C- to D's. I am official done with NCAA 11.

While I don't want to see true freshmen starting at 85ovr+, I don't mind seeing them end up in the high 90's. When you see guys that run a 4.37 40 time but have C's in acc and agl as the #1 WR or RB I throw my hands up. I don't mind a few duds in the class but when the best players as far as ratings goes are the 7th RB or 12th WR. But when you compare them to the original roster they are not close to being good. I know the original rosters are rated a little high but the game players different with them. I played Georgia Tech as a non-conference game in years 2 & 7. In year 2 they were a B+ overall and gave me a game. In year 7 they are now a C- overall and I waxed them. They had 67yds of total offense. I'm 7-2 with loses to Ohio St. (A overall) and Notre Dame (B overall). You should not have to keep editing your sliders almost every game because the spread of teams is so great.

This is why we need the ability to full edit players inside the dynasty mode so the ones that like the lower rated players can get those players. Then the ones that like players that match FBS type players can. I don;t know how many players I have seen that are 5'10" WR with 79spd, 74acc, 81agl. That kid could make a high school team but no way he plays FBS football. That is rating taken from the #1 WR for Iowa State.
I agree with you completely on the first 2 paragraphs. However, I am unclear on how editing players in dynasty would help. I think I just don't know exactly how you mean edit them. I'm not saying I'm against it, just misunderstanding. I just think they should do recruits like they did last year. After all the patches last year, recruiting and balance was PERFECT. Every once in a while there was an 85-89 overall true freshman, but hey I think that's pretty realistic! It was absolutely perfect and they messed it all up this year. I hope it is fixed on 12 and it could be a perfect game. I have still played every game in my dynasty for 7 seasons even with all the mishaps. It's just that close to being a perfect game!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

In the beginning rosters, there are high 80s true freshmen. And editing the rosters would help. I mean, it could be abused, but I know I would use it realistically. Maybe give some scrub school a nice player, or balance out those stupid Agi/Acc problems. Maybe creating a few prospects every year would help?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #8
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
I agree with you completely on the first 2 paragraphs. However, I am unclear on how editing players in dynasty would help. I think I just don't know exactly how you mean edit them. I'm not saying I'm against it, just misunderstanding. I just think they should do recruits like they did last year. After all the patches last year, recruiting and balance was PERFECT. Every once in a while there was an 85-89 overall true freshman, but hey I think that's pretty realistic! It was absolutely perfect and they messed it all up this year. I hope it is fixed on 12 and it could be a perfect game. I have still played every game in my dynasty for 7 seasons even with all the mishaps. It's just that close to being a perfect game!
What I mean by fully editing players inside the dynasty mode is this. We should have the ability to edit every thing from a players name (can do now), height/weight (can't do now) so we can fix the players that don't match their skill, appearance (can't do now) like skin color or face or hair, ratings (can't do now) so we can all be happy when EA does what they did this year. I don't like being held hostage by not having the power to make the game the way I want it. Say I wanted to make every 5* player have an overall between 80-85 then I should be able to. If you have played NBA2k or Choops2k8 you know what I am talking about. If you don't like how the game company created the recruits then you have the power to fix it. I hate to see the 5* 6'5" 210lb DE's with amazing skill ratings. They may gain 10 pounds but end up as complete studs. Just very unrealistic to me. Also with how slow the skill players are in NCAA 11 I could fix that but since I don't have the power I'm stuck to deal with WR that can't get away from a old man with a walker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »