Home

Can you lose and acquire pipeline states?

This is a discussion on Can you lose and acquire pipeline states? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can you lose and acquire pipeline states?

Hey all, in my OD i'm maryland and i'm trying to build a pipeline to florida. Is it possible once i reach X amount of players from florida that they become part of my pipeline regiment?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Can you lose and acquire pipeline states?

Pipeline states are based on the current number of players you have on your team from that state. I'm not sure of the number needed but think it is some where around 5. I could be wrong on that number.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21

yeah, i believe it's 4 players.

RAVENS/ORIOLES
Old 01-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #4
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah I believe it's 3 or 4-- but to answer your question yes you can gain pipeline states (and is even considered strategy to target the key states like Texas, Florida, California, Ohio-- all seem to have great pools of recruits on a pretty consistent basis).

On the flip-- I have definitely lost my share of Pipeline states as well. Sometimes I feel bad losing Utah or Wyoming (when I'm playing as Utah State), but there's NO doubt that the level of talent from those 2 states vs Texas...it's night and day. So I feel bad I lose my home-state but only for a minute as I sign 4 studs from Texas and open up that door.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
It's 4 recruits to create a pipeline. You should always add on recruit from each per year to protect the pipeline. In recruiting that's a free 6-700 points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Like others have said, its 4 players to open a pipeline, and its 4 players on active roster to keep a pipeline.

Pipelines might actually be a little overpowered, but if you're playing a lower prestige team, they're definitely the single fastest way to build up a solid recruiting class in a few seasons. They add more points per recruiting call, and also get LOTS more interested prospects in pipelined states, which cannot be understated in value.

1) Texas
2) Florida
3) California
4-7-tied) Ohio, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama

I'd say FL might be #1, but I find its much more highly contended for prospects than TX. TX seems to be the best state at getting unrecruited high 4-5* guys. CA is also very highly contested typically, hence my ranking them #3.

As another poster mentioned, its actually a VERY good strategy to take unrecruited lower 2-3* guys JUST to establish a pipeline for the following years... they do unfortunately usually turn out to be nothing but backups, but the interest gained, and extra points per call for the next years 3-5* recruits is so valuable that its worth keeping a couple garbage players for them.

If you're playing as a high prestige team however, and actually WANT a challenge, try dominating your own state first, and limit the # of prospects from other states, because recruiting becomes way too easy once you're a 5 or 6* prestige school and have pipelines in TX, CA, or FL.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm using FSU in my offline and I'm not sure Florida is the best for recruits but it is deffinitly the most contested. Fighting with Miami, Florida and several SEC schools. Plus after several season UCF somehow gains A raitings in fans, champ contender, and pro potential. Just about the only Florida recruits I get are the ones who already had me 1st on their list.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #8
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Is there a way to see your current roster info for this to accurately anticipate who you might want to recruit for pipeline purposes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »