Home

OL: Pancakes, Awards, Recruiting

This is a discussion on OL: Pancakes, Awards, Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
OL: Pancakes, Awards, Recruiting

Has anyone won any OL awards playing every game? I know we can't keep up with pancakes (still), but how does this all effect recruiting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: OL: Pancakes, Awards, Recruiting

To my knowledge, postseason awards don't affect recruiting, i.e. enticing a specific position recruit to show interest in a school b/c players have success at that POS at your school.
I think, instead, I see interest based more on your needs. Somehow I seem to always find some options that have me high on their interest list at positions with SRs in starting rolls.

As for pancakes...don't get me started. Playing in offline dynasty my WRs lead my team in pancake blocks as my OL averages far less than 1 per game. And I've got the #1 rushing attack averaging more than 300/gm. Tell me how that happens?!
Old 01-30-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

They've never gotten all the stats right within a single game which tells me it's just not that easy to do. Nice excuse making, right?

This year within the simulated stats it seems like some positions just get WAY too few tackles as well.

I hope this next year is the one....
Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

LAst years game pancakes worked just fine. had 2 thousand yards
rushers at LSU on same team and my o-line won the awards and were AA. It seems the game does not Recognize pancakes
in this game I see them happen and check the stats and
they dont register at all but for some reason
it works for the Cpu blockers who get 40!!
Doesn't effect recruiting but it's cool to have a BEAST lineman.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7

I've never had more than 10 or so pancakes for anyone person in a season despite being typically run-first.

One of my friends in our OD, just wrapped up the regular season with 17 pancakes by a freshman C. I always assumed that impact blocking had a lot to do with it, but seeing how his rating is 82 and my own center is an 83, that cant be it, especially considering I have almost twice as many rushing attempts as he does. My center has two. Yeah, TWO, on the season.

My leading guy for pancakes is actually my freshman tightend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I've never had more than 10 or so pancakes for anyone person in a season despite being typically run-first.
That is actually quite a lot for this game (It would be for me anyways.)

I just finished year 7 of my UConn dynasty. My C (4 year starter, finished 99 OVR) had 0 pancakes this year. My offensive line had... 1... pancake this year. My HB registered 1 also, but that was it.

Outside of my C, the rest of my line is nothing special. It's crazy really, but I don't sweat it. I would rather have a more realistic running game (which I do) than a few ticks in the old pancake column.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:16 PM   #7
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

I remember playing Madden last gen and it was impossible not to send all 5 offensive lineman to the pro-bowl just based on pancakes.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
I remember playing Madden last gen and it was impossible not to send all 5 offensive lineman to the pro-bowl just based on pancakes.
NCAA used to be that way as well. I dont remember the year, but one version, if you were a run first team, the top five pancake guys would all be your team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »