Home

will this new tackle engine give

This is a discussion on will this new tackle engine give within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
will this new tackle engine give

us that live fill where anything can happen?Kind of like what backbreaker was tring to give us..what do you think it will impact the most...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: will this new tackle engine give

No not like BB. But it will take away the bs suction on tackles, blocking, and receiver sliding into position to make a catch. The tackle animations will be more fluid and make more sense.
YouTube: TBD
Old 04-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
Rookie

BB's physics were nice, but i think they were a little over played. i had too many instances of some really wild tackles if i just brushed into some dudes leg running through the hole. but i cut them cats some slack, they are brits and that was their 1st game.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehud
BB's physics were nice, but i think they were a little over played. i had too many instances of some really wild tackles if i just brushed into some dudes leg running through the hole. but i cut them cats some slack, they are brits and that was their 1st game.
Being British has nothing to do with how they can produce a game, even one about an American sport.

The tackling was sensitive and over the top in Backbreaker, but it also offered some realism other games have failed to give us. The main problems with Backbreaker were the players were floaty, the player's body parts didn't restrict from bending awkwardly, and the animations were a bit robotic like Madden on next gen.

If Backbreaker had joints, muscles, and bones behave properly and made players have a lot more weight to them, then I think tackles and everything else would look a lot more realistic and the game would be what most of us had imagined at the start.

― Plato
Old 04-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Being British has nothing to do with how they can produce a game, even one about an American sport.

The tackling was sensitive and over the top in Backbreaker, but it also offered some realism other games have failed to give us. The main problems with Backbreaker were the players were floaty, the player's body parts didn't restrict from bending awkwardly, and the animations were a bit robotic like Madden on next gen.

If Backbreaker had joints, muscles, and bones behave properly and made players have a lot more weight to them, then I think tackles and everything else would look a lot more realistic and the game would be what most of us had imagined at the start.
good stuff. that's where my thoughts were headed, but work interrupted
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

The only reason why it looked like that was the ragdoll animations they had to use in order for the tackling to work right. something EA is trying to avoid.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #7
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
The only reason why it looked like that was the ragdoll animations they had to use in order for the tackling to work right. something EA is trying to avoid.
I noticed a little bit of this in the NCAA 12 videos though. I did not like it at all. The ragdoll effect that bb gives players is the only thing I don't like about it's euphoria system.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Backbreaker did nothing but give ragdoll animations which is not something new. Backbreaker is way over rated when it comes to its physics. I think thats probably why they made their players look so futuristic looking. They knew the ragdoll animations would be over the top. That game is a complete bore to me and the stuff EA is doing looks more authentic in my opinion. Backbreaker had a nice idea but that technology is not ready for a major game yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »