Home

Does anybody wish...

This is a discussion on Does anybody wish... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does anybody wish...

EA would come out with a game every other year. They could give roster updates every season for the existing game, they could even charge us for it.

This way the game would actually have dramatic improvements instead of a rushed product with many bugs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Does anybody wish...

Honestly, I have a hard enough time waiting for updates that are made from year to year - I can't imagine how hard it would be to wait a full 2 years to see things implemented.

Of course the counter argument would be that if the game was so solid and had 2 years worth of improvements you wouldn't be looking for a new game.

The best way to do something like this would be if they released Madden one year and NCAA Football the next, the same way that Call of Duty releases an Infinity Ward game and then a Treyarch game - that way there is still an EA Sports Football game coming out every year.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger_Woods
EA would come out with a game every other year. They could give roster updates every season for the existing game, they could even charge us for it.

This way the game would actually have dramatic improvements instead of a rushed product with many bugs.
Why dont you just buy the game every other year?
Old 04-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Why dont you just buy the game every other year?
That was my thought... I enjoy buying the sports games yearly, myself
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #5
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
That was my thought... I enjoy buying the sports games yearly, myself
me too, AND with NCAA these past two years they are making huge leaps from year to year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger_Woods

i agree with you. I think if there was a year off in between we would see much better improvements towards the game if they had more time to work on things instead of maybe getting something half done or not exactly how they wanted because they need to finish the game. If i decide to buy Madden this year i'm sure its going to feel like a whole new game to me because i didnt buy it last year. I didnt buy the new MLB the Show this year as well because i'm starting to get tired of buying new games every year for roster updates and minor improvements. I know to some people the thought of having a year in between is unthinkable but i do feel we'd see an even better product than we get. However, because they can make more money by selling the game every year, i doubt we'll see this ever happen.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #7
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i agree with you. I think if there was a year off in between we would see much better improvements towards the game if they had more time to work on things instead of maybe getting something half done or not exactly how they wanted because they need to finish the game. If i decide to buy Madden this year i'm sure its going to feel like a whole new game to me because i didnt buy it last year. I didnt buy the new MLB the Show this year as well because i'm starting to get tired of buying new games every year for roster updates and minor improvements. I know to some people the thought of having a year in between is unthinkable but i do feel we'd see an even better product than we get. However, because they can make more money by selling the game every year, i doubt we'll see this ever happen.
lol ok, just buy the game every other year then? These Developers at Tiburon work insane hours and only get a couple weeks off when the game releases to work on the next one so you cant use the "more time is needed" excuse. Buy the game every other year instead of being selfish and saying it should be released every other year. I personally get sick of a game(regardless of quality) after about 6 months so waiting another 18 months to get my fix is out of the question.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #8
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

As college football is Fresh and New Each year, Me and thousands of others need a fresh new football game with it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »