Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Brand New Entrances

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Brand New Entrances within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 01:00 AM   #105
Rookie

Steelbeard's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Brand New Entrances

I hope ECU's entrance is in. Ours is definitely one of the better ones in College Football.

"Above all, I take with me the lasting commitment to answer the call of East Carolina, whenever and wherever I can serve."
Chancellor Leo Jenkins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 01:31 AM   #106
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I don't know if this is nitpicking or a true gripe. I guess I won't truly know until I am actually playing the game (and it prolly will determine if i will skip most of these when I'm in a dynasty) but I wish they had commentary going while some of these entrances were happening. I don't like the feel of dead air. Even if it was really basic commentary like "fans showing their disapproval for the visiting team" as the Bama players run out on Auburns field or Herbstreet or someone saying how a stadium is as loud as he has heard or maybe even some backstory to how these traditions were formed while they are being performed. Or throwing in some dynamic commentary like "Virginia hoping to avenge last years lost to Virginia Tech" as the coach talks to his players. As of now the only thing that happens is "and here comes team so and so" and then more dead air with the commentary.

Even if a commentary team sits back and lets the atmosphere take center stage, they still help to put the atmosphere in context with a few words.

1:31 "if you got a chance to experience what we are experiencing here, how could you not say yes to a scholarship offer?"

Something like that would be awesome for a commentator to say while the team entrance is going on. Also, I think it's still a little backwards. They do the team entrance and then do the quick analysis, and then the kickoff. I think the presentation for the pre-game should go like this.

1. ESPN graphics
2. Context of the game analysis
3. Team entrance
4. Key player analysis and keys to victory

Then the kickoff.

Not saying this to give crap to the dev for what they did do. I LOVE the effort they have put into the entrances. I'm sure I'll be pumped with the FSU entrance. Just offering a few thoughts for something they could add next year to boost an already great addition.

Really looking forward to the dynasty info releases.

if they had that intrance in the game i would be scared lol and if the crowd did that well im fsu in my dynasty now haha
Old 05-19-2011, 06:04 AM   #107
Rookie

NDFan1029's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Probably because it's Youtube, not on the XBox
No, it's the game, too. The colors have always looked faded. Ohio State's jerseys are almost offensively pale compared to what you see the team wear in real games.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:10 AM   #108
Rookie

NDFan1029's Arena

OVR: 2
The announcements on May 23rd better be incredible. So far the most exciting news I've gotten was the 3D grass.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #109
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelbeard
I hope ECU's entrance is in. Ours is definitely one of the better ones in College Football.
Don't know about ECU's entrance being in or not but the lead designer did say that they got ECU's field art right on and looking exactly like it really does.... they also said it was one of the most difficult to do

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Old 05-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #110
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick11
Don't know about ECU's entrance being in or not but the lead designer did say that they got ECU's field art right on and looking exactly like it really does.... they also said it was one of the most difficult to do
At least we get the custom music so we can get that Purple Haze blaring
Old 05-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #111
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

Looks good!

As Long is looks like close to as it would on Saturdays.. that's all I can ask for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #112
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Not bad, but you've gotta figure it would've been cooler to have a view that trailed the eagle from above and behind a little bit while looking down on the stadium - more of an action shot rather than just passively watching it fly around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »