Home

Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #65
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: game informer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
It'd be fine if Coordinators do nothing in this first implementation of CC. I think in the future, for me, I'd like to see them have an effect on recruiting, maybe improve a certain position's play/AWR, and [pipe dream] call the plays in a "gameflow" type of thing.

If they don't do anything [in the long-term scope of the game], they are just there to provide users with a new challenge to start up a dynasty...which is fine in and of itself.
I also wouldn't mind if you could get feedback from coordinators on which recruits to target that they want for their systems.

Ultimate question I want, in the future, can I export coaches with draft classes and add HC's and C's from NCAA into the coaching pool in Madden? If the roster file saves coaches and players, I don't see what the draft export couldn't carry a few coaches with it too. Would be fun to see some noticeable names from your Dynasty pop up when you go to fill holes on your Madden team. At least better then seeing some players retire and are automatic HC's with crazy stat boosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #66
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBauerHour
Why do people insist on boosts for having, hiring, firing, and improving coordinators? YOU control the team now. YOU'RE head coach. YOU are making the decisions that affect the entire team. I don't see coordinators being any more than middle-men to your players on the practice field once you're the coach.
Because coordinators matter. If ratings were in (which they should be) then coaches would effect the progression of players on their side of the ball and they would help with recruiting. Despite you not thinking they are necessary, they are a part of real college football and play a huge role in the success of each team.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #67
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Ultimate question I want, in the future, can I export coaches with draft classes and add HC's and C's from NCAA into the coaching pool in Madden? If the roster file saves coaches and players, I don't see what the draft export couldn't carry a few coaches with it too. Would be fun to see some noticeable names from your Dynasty pop up when you go to fill holes on your Madden team. At least better then seeing some players retire and are automatic HC's with crazy stat boosters.
If I had to guess, I would say that probably isn't in but I like the idea.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #68
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

The following is how OC and DC hiring and firing could have an effect on the game:

From the college 2k hoops approach, the OC and DC completely effected how fast your players developed and how well they played on the field.

It would have been nice if they effected recruiting as well. Since some kids base what college they go to on who the OC or DC is and not who the HC is.

Also what if you wanted to run an option offense, however your OC was only good in teaching a one back offense. Because of that it should have been some kind of learning penalty for your kids because the OC couldn't teach them the style you wanted to play. Same thing for defense.

So it would have been nice if the HC, OC and DC had their own coaching style and you had to try to hire staff that fit the style of football you wanted to play.

For instance you wanted Army or Arkansas St to greatly improve in one year, so you fire your current staff and hire staff that was rated A in teaching, that way, your players progression could be 3 times as fast in one season then it normally would. That is how it was done in college hoops game.

IMO all coaches, the HC, OC and DC should be rated. And they should be rated in the following:

Teaching
Recruiting
Offense
Defense
One back
Spread
Pro
Option
Pistol
Multiple
Air Raid
Run n Shoot
Man
Zone
3-4
4-3

And based on their letter grade in the above categories would effect how good or how bad they were in teaching the players and how fast or slow your players progressed during the season.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #69
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBauerHour
Why do people insist on boosts for having, hiring, firing, and improving coordinators? YOU control the team now. YOU'RE head coach. YOU are making the decisions that affect the entire team. I don't see coordinators being any more than middle-men to your players on the practice field once you're the coach.
Because it adds an element of realism to the game??? That sounds like a good thing to me. First, if they had ratings like some of the other games with a CC in them, then you would look for coaches that would improve your own weaknesses. I will give you a real life example. When Butch Jones took over the job at UC, he knew that he was not nearly as charismatic as Brian Kelly was. He hired one of Kelly's coaches and a local high school coaching legend Kerry Combs. Kerry is a very charismatic, out going demonstrative guy. His strength is Jone's weakness and so it makes the entire coaching staff better. It also gives Jones an "in" when recruiting local talent.

So, in the game, you might want to hire a coordinator from a place that you want to recruit in and by having that coach it gives you a pipeline. If you are an offensive genius, but suck at defense, you might hire a good DC and elect to let him call plays on D. There also needs to be a risk reward system in that if your coordinator becomes too successful he may either take your job or go to a rival school and take some recruits with him. It should also hurt you in recruiting if you lose a prestigious coordinator.

It just adds depth to the dynasty mode. I am not looking for boosts. I am looking for realism.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #70
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
WAY BETTER.
I will have a 11 game HS season. I will import TB teams as oppenents.
Favorite Parts
"High School
  • Explores your high school years more in depth, so you'll play a full senior season and gain recruiting points that are based on your stats
  • After each game you'll pick three local schools of varying prestige that are interested in you
  • Your recruiting board shows which schools you've picked and how far you are to earning a scholarship for each one. You can walk on to any school, but if you have a scholarship, you'll be able to transfer your recruiting points into XP for college
  • You'll play and be recruited on both sides of the ball
  • You can edit your HS senior season from seven to eleven games, and can import online browser-built Team Builder teams as your opponents. This lets you recreate your real-life high school team's schedule if you want
College

Coach's Trust
  • You work your way up the depth chart by earning Coach's Trust Points, and even when you have enough points to catch the player who's higher than you on the chart, you can then only take that position by winning a Position Battle – which is a glorified practice session
  • Non-starters will earn Trust Points through practices and occasions when you see the field during mop-up time, etc.
  • Coach Trust Points extend to your on-the-field power. QBs won't be able to call audibles or hot routes until they have earned the coach's trust
  • Earn enough points and you can have the chance to call plays from "Extra Plays" – an extended selection of plays than what the coach has already called. This is available in varying frequency during a game the more Trust Points you earn
  • The development team is also working on improving the AI play calling "
Awesome, that sounds great. I've never been that into RTG but this has me interested.. No doubt.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:16 PM   #71
Rookie

arobbi3's Arena

OVR: 1

@ gameinformer for posting RTG details early (that whole section is out of the article now). There goes EA's E3 presentation!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 01:18 PM   #72
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
The following is how OC and DC hiring and firing could have an effect on the game:

From the college 2k hoops approach, the OC and DC completely effected how fast your players developed and how well they played on the field.

It would have been nice if they effected recruiting as well. Since some kids base what college they go to on who the OC or DC is and not who the HC is.

Also what if you wanted to run an option offense, however your OC was only good in teaching a one back offense. Because of that it should have been some kind of learning penalty for your kids because the OC couldn't teach them the style you wanted to play. Same thing for defense.

So it would have been nice if the HC, OC and DC had their own coaching style and you had to try to hire staff that fit the style of football you wanted to play.

For instance you wanted Army or Arkansas St to greatly improve in one year, so you fire your current staff and hire staff that was rated A in teaching, that way, your players progression could be 3 times as fast in one season then it normally would. That is how it was done in college hoops game.

IMO all coaches, the HC, OC and DC should be rated. And they should be rated in the following:

Teaching
Recruiting
Offense
Defense
One back
Spread
Pro
Option
Pistol
Multiple
Air Raid
Run n Shoot
Man
Zone
3-4
4-3

And based on their letter grade in the above categories would effect how good or how bad they were in teaching the players and how fast or slow your players progressed during the season.
I completly agree. A thought I had was what aboutt ratings for each position? Some coaches specialize in coaching certain positions. Also the 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 defenses and special teams should be included. This would really make this so much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »