Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #89
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I was thinking, and has it been mentioned before, as to whether or not as a coordinator you'll control special teams?
Doubtful, but great question. I'd hope that this is something you'd take on when you become a head coach.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #90
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
Why would prestige change? Think of it this way Monte Kiffin is a DC at USC if he became a Head coach does he all of a sudden become less prestigious. That wouldn't make sense. If it was an experience rating tied to this stuff that would be the one that should change if your position changes.
I think people either don't know WHAT prestige means, or they forgot. Prestige is your reputation.

I'm pretty sure the OC with a high prestige rating would affect JUST the offense. Same for the DC. But coaches don't directly affect how player play in real life anyway. If that was the case, you'd think we wouldn't have guys like Tate Forcier being touted as a bust right now, right?

Prestige is basically a respect rating. Ohio State has a 6-star because they are a respected, dominant powerhouse in the NCAA. Jim Tressel probably has an A+ because when guys come to Ohio St. they will listen, pay attention, and learn.

Think about it like this: You think Phil Jackson made Kobe Bryant play better? Or is Kobe just THAT good? Look at LeBron. Mike Brown made him a better defender while he was with Cleveland. So now that he's in Miami with a different coach, he's just supposed to magically not know how to play defense as well because he plays for a less-experienced coach?

The only thing coaches do is make players better. The players PLAY, the coaches COACH. Hence, the reason why coaches affect progression. Just because a coach is an offensive-minded coach doesn't mean guys will automatically run better routes and catch better. The guys have to know HOW, right?

BTW, I'm not some guy who THINKS he knows about football. I've been playing all my life, and I plan ot at least try to walk-on in college, hopefully my sophomore year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »