Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Deep Look into Custom Playbooks

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Deep Look into Custom Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #33
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Deep Look into Custom Playbooks

I am going to spend quite a bit of time make several different playbooks for play styles.

I am pretty dang excited!

If there is an ineffective QB run out there it is getting scrapped from all playbooks!!!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 12
This is such an awesome new feature. I will have a few playbooks based on tinkering and the personnel of the team I am playing with at the time. But... I will have one "old-school" run playbook where there will be formations from the mid-90s nebraska teams like the power-I and straight-I as well as some wishbone like Army and some old veer concepts out of the T formation if it is in. There will also be one spread-option playbook with a lot of the short-snap shotgun plays and Shotgun "wing" plays with the pistol full-house incorporated, etc. And then there will most-likely be one traditional playbook with pro-style tendencies, basically a "Multiple" playbook, or a pistol playbook, depending if the devs can get the pistol blocking correct this year. I cannot wait to be fully-immersed in this feature this year!

The only thing this game is missing, literallly, that would make it a 10 out of 10 every year is what this FIFA dev said during his interview: "For this year, we actually invested a small team offsite to build the Player Impact Engine, and they were working on that for a while. The reason we wanted to do that was that we realized that we were limiting ourselves with the technologies we'd built four or five years ago, and we needed to rejigger. So this was a team-based initiative, rather than a company-based one."

So awesome... Wish NCAA had this, it would be perfect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »