Home

NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #177
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed Today, Demo Streaming LIVE Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I also have to say, that I think EA relies too much on just releasing "tuner packs." When Ben was asked questions about fixing issues in the game in previous videos he would say "we tuned this" or "we tuned that," well maybe instead of tuning we need rip stuff out and rebuild a better part to put back in to make it work better from the ground up.
By tuned, I'm sure he doesn't mean they have tuner packs already planned. Just replace tuned with tweaked in those sentences. Once we get the game and tear it to shreds, then they'll start releasing the crappy tuner packs.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 06-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #178
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
So, tell me why a critical piece of gameplay that has never functioned properly in multiple iterations of the game -- such as PA passing or the ability for the CPU to run out of the spread -- will be fixed in the short timeframe between demo build and final release? Now, if they mention it being fixed that's one thing, but it sounds to me like they've ignored these issues for a while and have no intent to fix them in such a short time period.
I'm not saying they would completely fix them - it's a video game, things like this will never be "fixed." Even, ways to cheese in NBA 2K11 became apparent, like driving to the hole with LeBron/Wade-esque players, then (after the patch where animations/interactions were added) lead passing became prominent.

They can always tune the PA passing and shotgun running, but it's not like they're gonna scrap it.

Either way, it looked like what I expected, a demo build.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #179
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
So, tell me why a critical piece of gameplay that has never functioned properly in multiple iterations of the game -- such as PA passing or the ability for the CPU to run out of the spread -- will be fixed in the short timeframe between demo build and final release? Now, if they mention it being fixed that's one thing, but it sounds to me like they've ignored these issues for a while and have no intent to fix them in such a short time period.
See this is why I had to chime in. This has been my pet peeve since day one. Fix this before adding fluff that doesn't really change the gameplay. Dreadlocks.........mascots.........needed to be added last instead of what I perceive was a primary goal this year. Are there other improvements and other issues fixed, clearly yes from what I have seen. However, you just touched on the two plays that are widely used in college football and that is has to make you question their priorities.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #180
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Chase also witnessed a very aggressive Baylor spread attack take me apart.

I think this issue has more to do with Oregon than "spread" teams. For some reason the Ducks can't seem to get any type of ground game going out of the shotgun, yet other CPU teams I saw at E3 with similar offenses were pretty dynamic.
Then something is broken if that is the case.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #181
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
They are ducking more than Mayweather. I tweeted three times, asking if the playbook set for teambuilder high school teams transfer to RTG. No answer.

Also, PA passes are free sacks again this year it seems.
They blatantly said u have to use the coaches playbook of the college team you go to.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #182
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I also have to say, that I think EA relies too much on just releasing "tuner packs." When Ben was asked questions about fixing issues in the game in previous videos he would say "we tuned this" or "we tuned that," well maybe instead of tuning we need rip stuff out and rebuild a better part to put back in to make it work better from the ground up.
Yeah, but I think that would be a little tedious. Not saying it can't be done, but the football series is focused on making money with a working product.

This post DOES bring NBA Elite to mind. If EA hits gold with this 2-1/2 year development cycle, and make a game on-par with OR possibly BETTER than 2K, fans will be calling for EA to go on a 2-year plan with Madden/NCAA.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #183
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I agree - once the money has been budgeted for the individual teams (art vs. gameplay). But, I would assume budgets are created before the individual teams are - and couldn't that money have been allocated for additional gameplay engineering?

Really, it's embarrassing to think that all the $$$ spent on having additional "pageantry" consisting of cut scenes before a game (that the majority of us will click through after seeing it once or twice) could have been devoted to a CPU running game or making a play action pass effective.

Really, it's incumbent upon the user community to be the squeaky wheel when it comes to this.
Someone who actually makes an entire point (take notes Rules!).

Anyway, I would say it's a valid assumption, albeit, still somewhat off base. These are still two separate entities. The guys working on one thing are not on the other, so it's just incumbent on both sides to play into their roles. It's not like they go in saying we're not going to focus on known issues, let's just make it look prettier.

And even if that's not the case, if there were no presentation upgrades, there would be tons of complaints as well. I would hardly call it embarrassing adding pageantry into the game, and I am not one of those people who auto-skips intros -- I still watch the intros in NBA 2K11 for example. If you do skip then fair enough, but don't assume every gamer is like you.

If anything, the fact that EA already said it's going to be increasing the size of the football team says the company is serious about gameplay, which is an actual tangible fact.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:42 PM   #184
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
See this is why I had to chime in. This has been my pet peeve since day one. Fix this before adding fluff that doesn't really change the gameplay. Dreadlocks.........mascots.........needed to be added last instead of what I perceive was a primary goal this year. Are there other improvements and other issues fixed, clearly yes from what I have seen. However, you just touched on the two plays that are widely used in college football and that is has to make you question their priorities.
Well, it stinks, but you know why this occurs. You can't list "Play-Action Passing is now Functional!" on the back of a box.

Still, it's up to the user community (who they apparently listen to) to be strident about these issues for them to make a change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »