Home

Does anyone else feel the need for MORE than only 12 user teams in OD?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else feel the need for MORE than only 12 user teams in OD? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Does anyone else feel the need for MORE than only 12 user teams in OD?

if you have the patience it could be a nice addition. it's been my experience tho that leagues w/ more than a handful of players move incredibly slow. the best one i've been a part of had 5 players and an advance every 2 days. This is just my opinion and probably skewed b/c in my own dynasty i'll blow through 6 games in one night, so taking three weeks to complete a season is unacceptable for me

XBL - ProgektMayhem
PSN - ProgektMayhem

Yell at me on twitter @ProgektMayhem
Old 06-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #10
Rookie

hbk_wess's Arena

OVR: 4

They could set the online dynasties up so the commish can give each game so many days to be played or it will be simmed. This is done for series in MLB The Show. Can also work for NCAA
Old 06-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #11
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

It isn't that hard to find dedicated members. At TSO we had 30+ online dynasties with 12 members...in March.=) Our dynasties typically run year round.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2011, 01:50 AM   #12
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

i need at least 24 online dynasty slots
Old 06-25-2011, 03:40 AM   #13
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

As great of an idea as this sounds, we have to be realistic and understand that this just wouldn't work.

First, 120 people is too many to manage. You either have to tell people, league advances every Sunday or once a week, because that's 60 games you have to wait for. No one will have that kind of patience unless those are the advancement dates or something.

Second, too many people cheese. There's always that one guy who calls 6 different plays the whole game, the guy who scrambles out the pocket and runs back to his endzone and runs back up just to evade a would be tackler only to make a 7 yard pass. It's too many ego's and emotions and characters all into one big league, and there's ALWAYS a complainer.

Lastly, who in the world is going to pick the 120th rated team?? No one wants a 1 star team from Idaho where you can't recruit for years unless you go underrated forever, but eventually talent takes over and that 1 stat team no matter how good the user will be a 6 star Alabama, not happening. And you know how these girls are nowadays when they start a season off 0-4. Too many people will be dropping from the league, quitting in middle of games, then you'd have to fill that spot and everything else, it's just too much work. It's a fun idea, but it should just remain a fun idea
Old 06-25-2011, 05:45 AM   #14
MVP

Assassin's Arena

OVR: 6

I like the idea of going up to 16 players for online. Like a lot of people have stated it could work.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #15
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Expanding the amount of users would have been perfect for our OD. I'm in the same OD as Jaredlib and he is being modest by saying we have 16 people that want to get in. We could easily fill the OD with 20 or more users. All of them are good users too. That would have been awesome for us. For the ones saying it's hard enough to get 12 users to work, I suggest you find a new OD. There are a lot of OD's that could easily work with more users. It's all up to the commish, in my opinion, but that's neither here or there.

I was sure that this would be the year that they expand the number of users for the OD, especially after I saw the 16 team max custom conference stuff. I guess that one's Jared's fault for putting it in my head. Anyway, all those guys that would have gotten into the OD if the number of users had been expanded, will be getting into my Madden online franchise( if they did anything to it) and it's gonna be awesome. I wish we could have done the same for NCAA as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #16
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
As great of an idea as this sounds, we have to be realistic and understand that this just wouldn't work.

First, 120 people is too many to manage. You either have to tell people, league advances every Sunday or once a week, because that's 60 games you have to wait for. No one will have that kind of patience unless those are the advancement dates or something.

Second, too many people cheese. There's always that one guy who calls 6 different plays the whole game, the guy who scrambles out the pocket and runs back to his endzone and runs back up just to evade a would be tackler only to make a 7 yard pass. It's too many ego's and emotions and characters all into one big league, and there's ALWAYS a complainer.

Lastly, who in the world is going to pick the 120th rated team?? No one wants a 1 star team from Idaho where you can't recruit for years unless you go underrated forever, but eventually talent takes over and that 1 stat team no matter how good the user will be a 6 star Alabama, not happening. And you know how these girls are nowadays when they start a season off 0-4. Too many people will be dropping from the league, quitting in middle of games, then you'd have to fill that spot and everything else, it's just too much work. It's a fun idea, but it should just remain a fun idea
I agree 120 teams is way too much, but anywhere between 20-30 users would be just about perfect IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »